Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Calling all Iron Men/Women of the forge variety, tools and tips on setting up.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’m in the process of buying a property with stone out buildings in a busy market town and the idea of setting up a forge has got me all fired up.
    In my head i’m making and selling all kinds of funky ironware and possibly doing demonstrations when i’m up to speed. It would be more hobby based than needing to make a living.
    Feel free to bring me back down to earth or if you have any experience or tips on setting up i would really appreciate it.
    I was a jeweller and model maker for 25 years, so i have some experience in manipulating metal.

poolman
    Free Member

I live in spain and there are q a few metalworkers around. My local chap has made some brilliant things for me, i m currently designing some window shutters for him to make. Not too expensive but the nice thing is they are unique, the things he has made for me i really like.

I tend to sketch out what i want, he then says the best way of making.

Good luck, i reckon theres a good market for bespoke things like fire grates, shutters, bbqs etc. Can send some pics but no idea how to upload on here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Definitely do it !

Excellent idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Iron Men/Women of the forge variety, tools and tips on setting up.’ is closed to new replies.