Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Calling all carbon seat post users
  • daznal
    Free Member

Been thinking about trying out a c seatpost on my hardtail (456c)should i? Will i notice a difference?Thoughts please

nickc

not really TBH

look nice though which, lets be frank, is their primary function

porlus
    Free Member

Got one in mine. It all feels smooth in the rear end to me. Seem to have more pep towards the end of a ride to. Dont know if its a combo of lighter frame (came from steel 456) and the carbon. Guessing it is.

grtdkad

Run an Easton carbon post in my Whyte 19

Looks good, it is light and strong (as a 200lb rider). Go buy!

Northwind

I’ve never felt any comfort difference tbh. But also never had any downsides either. My old Next is now a bit tapered from seatpost dropping mind but it’s taken a long while to get like that.

mangatank
    Free Member

Ran a carbon seat post (and handle bars) on my Scandal for years. Always a very smooth and comfortable ride. If you can afford it, carbon control points offers a lot.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hi, I had an alu post and then a carbon one on my c456 and it was noticeably more comfy with the carbon one.

Go for it.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Have a carbon mid priced FSA one. Noticeably comfier than either a thomson or a cheap ti one on the same bike.

edit.. mind you, I scored it when it slipped in a new frame, so now have it on the road bike with a shorter rise.. Still comfy though!

Sam

Depends very much on the post. As I’m sure you know, the great benefit of carbon is that it can be made to be very flexible or very stiff depending on the layup of the material.

spicer
    Free Member

I use a ritchey one on my 456c. It works, only got it to look good as it was a bargain buy. Stopped looking good once i’d scuffed it from raising and lowering the saddle a few times, same as an alloy one would I suppose

P20

I’ve got an exotic carbon on my 456C. Mine slipped without carbon paste. It’s been fine. I haven’t thought about it

nigelb001
    Free Member

Got a Kore carbon post on my Anthem. Not noticed any appreciable difference in feel other than a 100g weight loss. Probably not really worth it – I just like carbon. 😀

grtdkad

I think P20’s point is fair ^^^ They are a fit and forget item

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Calling all carbon seat post users’ is closed to new replies.