Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Caliper bolts for Avid Juicies
  • jamesfifield

Hi,

Please could someone help me: I recently got a pair of 2nd hand Juicy 5s and am delighted with them. Unfortunately they don't have the bolts to attach the caliper to the disc mounts and I was wondering whether it was possible to purchase these from a builders' merchant. If so, what length and thread pitch would I need?

Thanks in advance,
    James

coatesy
    Free Member

They're 6mm x 1.0mm thread, length dependent on which mount you're using. You'll also have to factor in the depth of the concave/convex washers.Try your local engineers suppliers.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It's only £4 from CRC (link) for the Avid bolts and CPS washers.

jamesfifield

Sorry, I have the bolts which mount radially the caliper to the bracket; however, I'm missing the bolts which go from the bracket and attach to the mounts on the frame and the forks. Apologies if this is what you are referring to but I don't this I was entirely clear in my original post 😳

emac65
    Free Member

Caliper bolts are all the same(as far as I'm aware)& any will fit any other as all the threads on forks or frames have the same standard thread size.I'd go to your LBS

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

They're M6 bolts.You'll need ones about 18-20mm long. They're pretty standard. LBS would have allen key ones, but a hardware store might have some (not necessarily allen key heads though)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Caliper bolts for Avid Juicies’ is closed to new replies.