Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calf Injury help please
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Pushed of the floor riding last night and felt my left calf go, limped around a bit then rode the next 6 miles sat down. Got up this morning and have a very sharp stabbing pain in the centre of the calf when I walk. I imagine I have pulled the muscle and wondered how long thes things take to sort. Doing the wales coast to coast in August over 3 days so supposeed to be training for that. Am alright to keep riding to the limit of the pain or should I stop all together. Dislocated my thumb falling off 2 weeks ago get that sorted and then do this 😕

TiRed

RICE

Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

Training is on hold I’m afraid.

sprocker
    Free Member

done/doing the rice bit just wondered if anyone had similar and how long it stuck around for.

niloC
    Free Member

I had something similar a few months ago, I had to rest for 7 days and then I started doing light stuff and built from there, obviously it depends on what you have done and may take longer or less time?

surfer
    Free Member

It may be a tear and these vary in severity. I am no expert but had it a few times over the years.
    It may be tender to touch, advice as above ref RICE.

If it subsides after a few days and is not too sore to touch then start fritional massage. This should hurt but will speed recovery and importantly stops the fibres knitting together in a way that weakens them in future.

I AM NOT A PHYSIO but there is a lot of information about this on the web and I have spoken to a few experts over the years about it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calf Injury help please’ is closed to new replies.