• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by FLV.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Calderdale route
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a good route round in around Calderdale? About 20 miles would be ideal and as much single track as possible. A GPX file would be even better.

Thanks

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

In this weather, Hebden > Hardcastle Crags > BW north to the House of Sh*t and then west and BW to Widdop > BW across the dam and up to the top > down Gorple Rd, taking the BW off to the left halfway down which brings you into the back of (Cant Clough I think) a reservoir > through funky little valley and to Long Causeway > road stretch to the next right hand turn signed to Tod (about a mile on the road) > down there and first left onto BW all the way to Whirlaw Stones above Tod > down a bit at the end and then on a right turn on the doubletrack descent, veer left up a rocky singletrack climb > stick to this as it climbs and then descends through Tod gold course, pop out into the car park and then turn right > turn left at the T-junction and then a couple of hundred metres on the right, take the BW > pop out onto the road, turn right and then straight down all the way to the road at Eastwood. From here, climb up to Mankinholes and then along London Road before dropping into Hebden OR… climb back up the same side of the valley towards Blackshaw Head and then to Heptonstall and pick a descent. Cheekier, the better 😉

tops5
    Free Member

Any chance of a map? I’m working in Tod and would love to explore something other than Lee/Cragg now the light nights are coming

FLV
    Free Member

look on industrial fell biking.

failing that, pop into blazing saddles in hebden.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale route’ is closed to new replies.