Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cairngorm Bike Park
  • BoardinBob

It appears that HIE have submitted a planning application to demolish the Coire Na Ciste base station.

In addition, they’ve approached an architectural firm for some mockups of a new base station which will serve a bike park in summer and reopen the area for snowsports in winter. The terrain in Coire na Ciste would certainly lend itself to a bike park. Hopefully it would include a few different trail options rather than one fairly sanitised option

http://www.7narchitects.com/projects/ciste-base-station/

sniff
    Free Member

Good spot.

I wonder if this the plan is the same as this? http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,148121

No doubt they’ll do something daft like only letting you up if you hire a bike from them 🙄

freehighlander
    Free Member

Cant see the tree huggers standing for that. 😯

The Mountain has been crying out for a proper bike centre for years and yes they probably do that stupid your only get up if you hire totally inappropriate bike from us and then get guided.

alfabus
    Free Member

funicular uplift?

sniff
    Free Member

There’s a chair lift which I assume would be refurbed

bigjim

Interesting stuff. Would there be enough vertical descent to make a ‘proper’ track a la fort bill?

They’ve got a guy on a Five on a ten foot wide bit of boardwalk in their mock up there so they’ve got 21st century mtbing dialled.

Muzzy
    Free Member

Potentially fantastic news for skiing and biking at Cairngorm.

Northwind

Yep, easy to be cynical but if done right this could be brilliant. The Lecht and Glenshee never really seemed to get off the ground but developments at Nevis Range and now this, all good news.

martymac

yep, i would use this, cant ride uphill easily as im too fat, so chairlift type thing would be ideal for me.

failedengineer

They’ve been talking about this for a while, using the old chairlift as an uplift and constructing the trails ’round the back’ of the mountain, out of the way, so to speak.

BoardinBob

Yeah I think that area is outside the SSSI so hopefully not too many constraints around what could be built

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cairngorm Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.