Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Caffeine withdrawal- how long?
  • hora
    Free Member

Stopped Friday last week. How long does it take? I feel super sensitive and constant day long headache etc etc at the moment.

Experiences?

I’ve gone from excessive consumption to suddenly if I have one I get a migraine.

mike399
    Free Member

Good work – Stick at it!

I went from about a dozen cups of tea to none. First week I felt constantly knackered then the second week headaches and knackered. Then all was well… I sleep better than ever and palpitations are now almost none existant.

I tried decaf tea bags and decided they were all shite, however I have recently found Ringtons decaf tastes alright.

julians
    Free Member

10 days should see you through the worst of it

bikebouy
    Free Member

richmars

Did this a few years ago, only lasted 4-5 days for me.

weeksy

I tried 2 weeks, no headaches, still slept rubbish, felt more tired, so I went back to coffee.

daviek

I tried a few years ago and it was brutal and hit the coffee again after a few days. Did it again at the begining of the year and didn’t even get a headache, although I do have a proper coffee with my breakfast so that might be why.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve no choice- if I drink espresso I get a cluster headache.

Is it usual to get daylong constant headache in the background? Back of my head. Making me paranoid

julians
    Free Member

Is it usual to get daylong constant headache in the background?

Yep,thats exactly what i had

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a strenuous, mind bending effort to give up.

2 choices:

Give up and put up with the withdrawal symptoms

Or

Be weak like me and have a double espresso

alanl
    Free Member

3 weeks of headaches here, but it got rid of my acid stomach virtually overnight.
    I only take rennies now when I’ve had a cider, or when I eat loads of rubbish, like this week.
    I dont think it has affected my sleep, I was always ready for bed when on it, so nothing has changed there.

Stainypants

Went from mainlineling caffeine to nothing last New Year felt crap for about 4-5 days. It drink it now before a race has the same effect on me as speed. I run faster but spend half the race gibbering like Spud at a job interview.

funkmasterp

I keep trying to give up coffee, but it’s my only vice and my willpower dissolves easily when people at work are brewing up.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Two weeks withdrawal according to the sports nutritionist I spoke to-I weened myself off it entirely to ensure I got the best possible effect from caffeine gels during a big event.

rone

3 – 4 days of being a bit off.

Didn’t seem much of a problem given the stomach pain I was getting from caffeine.

rjmccann101

Took two weeks for me to get over the withdrawal symptoms. The worst thing now is if I have a ‘real’ coffee I’m awake all night.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Caffeine withdrawal- how long?’ is closed to new replies.