Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Caffeine….
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Does it make any of you folk a bit nervous.Been drinking rather alot of tea/Coffee lately and loud noises seem to be making me increasingly jumpy.Or is this just another symptom of old age(54).Thanks for any help.

poah
    Free Member

it ultimately increases adrenaline so it can make you feel “jumpy”

nicko74

Yep. Anxious/ stressed too, in sufficient quantities.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Makes me more awesome.

scud
    Free Member

I used to be terrible for strong black coffee, would have 7-8 mugs a day of Taylor Strength 6 Lava java! You build up a tolerance, i had some stomach bug 3 weeks ago and coffee was turning my stomach, so laid off it for 2 weeks, last week had a couple of cups of Costa coffee at work, and i felt twitchy and really grumpy, face felt flushed and generally rough

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I suffer from a bit of anxiety and depression to start with.Perhaps I should give it up altogether.Still think getting older might be part of it.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, I would say that it is a broadly accepted fact that caffeine makes you jumpy!

toby1

1 double espresso a day and no more for me, I like it as a drink as opposed to relying on it to keep awake, I have water for that.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Does water really keep you awake?

CaptJon
    Free Member

A full bladder does.

JAG

I’ve recently decided to reduce my caffeine intake for this very reason.

Makes my heart race and my nerves jangle if I have too much – that’s over 5 cups in a 8-16:00 day.

funkmasterp

I’m six days in to going without caffeine. Have a three year old with sleep issues and have basically being living off caffeine for all that time. Had hideous headache on Friday and Saturday, but have felt a lot calmer and more focused these last few days. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the caffeine making you twitchy

Stainypants

I quit a year ago except for big running races when it turns me into a jibbering in idiot like Spud at the job interview in trainspotting. Defiantly makes me faster.

Had to stop as I’ve as drinking overcast dozen cups a day.

flaps
    Free Member

I used to drink too much, 7/8 cups a day easily but noticed I’d get snappy at night and sometimes have heart palpatations too! Decided to cut back and now never have more that two. I feel a lot more chilled now!
    Cutting back hurts initially though, I had a dull headache that lasted for days!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ummm,take your points.

seadog101

Drink more when away from home at work on the ship. I tend to find that I get mild fatigue like headaches for a few days after coming home. Definitely coffee related, as the headaches go after having a coffee, and if I wean myself off it for a few days before heading home, no headaches.

stevedoc
    Free Member

It gives me the superpowers I need to suffer the halfwits that work on nights. There is a reason the work in the dark hours and walking in at 6am you need a kick start. But the others after say 10am I wont drink it as I find the id difficult to sleep of an evening.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It’s the only thing keeping me upright.

Ben_H

I drank at least 1-2 strong coffees a day for the last 15 years, but 2 months ago I gave it up.

I’d periodically stopped coffee in the past, lasting for a week at a time (e.g. holidays), but this time it’s looking fairly permanent – not least because the kids are older and don’t wake at night! I wasn’t really trying to give up coffee for good… more just to make sure I enjoyed it when I had it.

I had headaches and felt irritable for 2-3 days, then “normal” for a while – and after about 2 weeks I started feeling really good. That feeling hasn’t stopped since; I just feel very energetic at the moment. I don’t think this is coincidence.

I’m still drinking about 2 cups of weak-ish tea per day, so I haven’t given up caffeine altogether. I’m not tempted at all when I see or smell coffee – I can’t explain it, I just don’t want it at the moment. Decaf tastes rank, too.

As a side effect, I’m sure I’m spending less money. I just don’t feel the need to get a tea while on the go in the same way I did with coffee.

hols2
    Free Member

PrinceJohn

There’s an interesting podcast on caffeine on the say why to drugs series.

thomthumb
    Free Member

drink decaf at work now. I used to drink up to 5 litres at work. never really affected me, then one winter my hands got really cold and i struggled to warm them up (for hours/ days at a time). cut back massively on caffine and the hand problem has improved.

I now find that any more than 1 or 2 normal (costa small) size coffees in a day makes me quite anxious and ruins my attention span.

Proper coffee is now a treat, when out in town or when riding.

Decaf tastes rank, too.

Decent decaff is good. not available from the high street coffee places though. My coffee crazy collegues turn their noses up – they can’t tell the difference though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Caffeine….’ is closed to new replies.