Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cademuir Forest tree felling starts tomorrow
  • youngrob

As per the title, felling starts in this brilliant little forest tomorrow so a few of us had a last ride in there at lunchtime today. I’ll be sad to see it go as I live in its shadow and have enjoyed riding there for the last few years. On a positive note, some of the trails should remain and there should be scope for creating some new stuff once the forestry operations have finished in July.

BoardinBob

Heard last night. That sucks. Is the entire forest being felled?

youngrob

I’ve heard it’s just the top section, so above the forest road. Top sections of stages 1 & 2 from last years K&Q will be affected but hopefully the lower sections will remain.

mtbel
    Free Member

Sad times 🙁
    first rode cademuir before the old DH track had been finished (mates at the time built it) that must getting on for 20 years ago now. Posts like this make me realise I didn’t ride there nearly enough.
    Oh.. well. looking on the bright side, I’m sure sweet new trails will emerge soon enough. 8)

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

[/quote]Oh.. well. looking on the bright side, I’m sure sweet new trails will emerge soon enough.

This! All part and parcel of working forests, awesome new trails will appear in time!

mtbel
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s almost as if they just magically appear for us to ride without ever having to even lend a hand or thank anyone, isn’t it? 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cademuir Forest tree felling starts tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.