Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Cadel Evans
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

He's a miserable f***er isnt he? And he looks like a toad. Feel free to discuss this, I'm off to eat stuff.

Coasting
    Free Member

Not to mention is place of origin

tracknicko
    Free Member

good at italian though isnt he?

never heard an aussie speak more than one languange! i wonder if he still says g'day in italian?

Notter
    Free Member

……And what sort of name is "Cadel", does he think he's from Krypton or something?
    😉

mt
    Free Member

World Champion on the road and a better mountian bike racer than most in his day.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I dont think his ability / talent can be questioned. Just looks amphibious and has really, really, crap hissy fits.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Has someone stepped on his dog. He doesn't like that.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Hee-hee 😆

Nick

Not to mention is place of origin

Royston Vasey?

ac282

I think he does have a sense of humour though….

http://www.cadelevans.com.au/product.aspx?id=5

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Never thought of that. Cadel 'toad face' Denton. Is the giro a local race for local people this year?

theotherjonv

what's the dog story?

molgrips
    Free Member

Someone explain the significance of the standing on dogs comment please…

IanMunro
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

can't get youtube @ work, can someone summarise.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Can't stand the guy. Truly miserable fücker. Oddly nasal voice made worse by his aussie accent. Looks funny.

😯

Re Youtube, he's getting interviewed after a stage (maybe TDF) and as he goes to motorhome/dopetest he is heard to say quite clearly "don't step on my dog, or I'll cut your head off". Silly fücker thinks he's Paris Hilton!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

theotherjonv – this sort of thing really (courtesy of the guardian sportblog) "It was during last year's Tour, which he started as favourite, that Evans's combustible behaviour reinforced his difficult image. First he swatted a radio reporter whose microphone was pressing against his injured shoulder. Then, as he led his pet dog away after the end of a stage, he shouted at a pedestrian who had come too close: "Don't stand on my dog or I'll cut your head off." Finally, riding away from the finish of another stage, he lowered his head and helmet-butted an intrusive television camera."
    Truly, he is the end of a bell 😕

theotherjonv

I've seen the hissy about the microphone / shoulder, but not the dog one. Class!

What sort of a dog does he have? I think you can tell a lot about someone from their dog. Is it a tiresome yappy one?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i like cadel, he's kind of the Marvin the paranoid robot of the cycling world.

the press know how to push his buttons, there's no rule to say you need to be a media savvy poster child to be a good cyclist, it does help further your sponsorship though. Thankfully for cadel his results (mostly) do that for him

IanMunro
    Free Member

Separated at birth.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Dont get me wrong, as I've already stated, his talent is beyond question. I can even understand his 'prickly' nature, particularly at the end of some of the horrendous TDF stages, etc. It's just that his outbursts are so, well, crap to be honest. And he looks like he should be sitting on a lily pad.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think he has done excellent as a cyclist, does he look a toad-well who doesn't? Whats he really like? dunno anyone actually know him?

He's like John McEnroe – a character to the sport and livens it up.

Just don't cross the (finish)line like Caven 'V' dash…

RepacK
    Free Member

I read an interview with him in another mag a few yrs ago – my god did he come across as precious..Gave the reporter who came out to see him a really hard time, kept him waiting for a couple of hours before he would give the interview. Talented? Yes. A ****t? Absolutely.

nickc

This thread is why I love STW.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

anyway, definitely a stage for the climbers today

do you think they'll be wearing body armour today, yesterday was brutal

tracknicko
    Free Member

yesterday was cringeworthy. never seen so much horrific action in such a short space of time.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yup, common in Dutch domestic racing as well apparently 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol@that stage profile!

oldgit
    Free Member

Never going to be a champion in anyones heart is he.
    I've got nothing against him, but somehow even when he puts in a great performance he is hardly noticeable if you know what I mean?

traildog
    Free Member

I'm a fan. Don't doubt he isn't the prettiest of boys, but boys aren't my thing so I'll let you discuss that amongst yourselves.

Very talented rider that gets stick for being in a weak team by people how know nothing about racing. Does stuff for local cycling in oz. Can apparently play the piano, loves his dog and wife. Has an unfortunate voice, but then he does come from Australia so that's to be expected.

aP
    Free Member

He's a very talented rider, who's suffered in comparison to some Texan rider by people who don't understand that 3 weeks of the year isn't all there is to know about road racing.
    I like Cadel, but couldn't put up with listening to him talk – that strine voice…

rOcKeTdOg

Who's the blonde in the pic with the dog and the convict? MUch more interested in her

aP
    Free Member

This one?

That'd be his wife.

rOcKeTdOg

and he still whinges???? 😯

SST
    Free Member

I like him too. So what if he's a bit moody? You should see me when I haven't had any chocolate for a while.

His win at La Flèche Wallonne was awesome to watch. The camera really doesn't do the gradient justice. He dropped Joaquín Rodríguez and Alberto Contador "like they were going backwards"

Talkemada
    Free Member

Cadel just needs a Cuddle….

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

… Or some lovely flies.

zaskar
    Free Member

Hey he's a better rider than most of us!

He still raises money in Australia for the charity that started after Aus lady team was mowed down by a driver in Germany.

I don't think he looks any different to anyone here.

You're all frogs.

Me too, ribbit.

Coasting
    Free Member

Well looks like he's lost the pink jersey

Talkemada
    Free Member

Hey he's a better rider than most any of us!

Hope you don't mind me fixing that for you…

You're all frogs.

Me too, ribbit.

Knee-deep.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Cadel Evans’ is closed to new replies.