Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cable discs for V-Drop levers
  • honourablegeorge

Currently have Avid MTB BBs on my Roadrat, with Cane Creek V-Drop levers. Brakes are OK, but they’re massive, ugly rattly things. Are there any alternatives out there that are a bit less hideous?

TRP Spyres look nice, but I assume the fact that they’re road pull means they’re no use to me with current levers?

Stevet1
    Free Member
    nedrapier

Interested here. Got the Tektro RL520 Levers. I think they’re similar/identical to the CC ones.

Happy with the braking, less happy with the sharp rounded top – something flatter would be great.

Eyeing up the shimano 58? hydro levers but they’re just as gopping as the Tektros. Think I’ll wait a couple more years and see what happens.

Edit: I misread – you’re happy with the levers, but not the calipers. Never mind!

cjr61

Got a pair of BB7 MTB gathering dust if you fancy those?

Drop me an email if you’re interested

nedrapier

klampers not without their issues it seems, particularly on the V-pull version.

http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/paul-component-klampers-995132.html

Stevet1
    Free Member

klampers not without their issues it seems, particularly on the V-pull version.

Thanks for that, those photos on there show some pretty obvious flaws.

dovebiker

TRP Spykes will also work with your levers. I’ve been using BB7s for over 12 years – might be a bit clunky now but they work – maybe if you fit a compressionless outer like Goodridge

cp

Trp spyke would be a good option

honourablegeorge

Nice one, didn’t know Spykes existed

honourablegeorge

cjr61 – Member
    Got a pair of BB7 MTB gathering dust if you fancy those?

Tks, but it’s BB7s that I have

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cable discs for V-Drop levers’ is closed to new replies.