Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cabin Pressure Radio 4
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Really enjoying this show, some good chuckles. Best comedy on Radio 4 for a while.

wwaswas

Has actually been getting better through the series as they develop the characters further.

I loved the dog walk storyline this week. Eating Whitebait = ‘Inhaling a shoal of fish’.

Flaperon

Having just gone through recurrent SEP today I had this excellent show in the back of my mind when this happened:

Instructor: “This is the restraint kit… used like so…”
    *snaps handcuffs onto wrists*
    “… and removed, like s-. Ah. Erm. Can anyone see the key? No? Right, I’ll be back in a few minutes…”

RustySpanner

It’s the best of the dafter R4 comedies, for sure. 🙂

Much funnier than ‘The Castle’, which seems to be aimed at six year old boys.

Dave Podmore’s World is on 4 Extra (and the iPlayer) again at the moment. Well worth a listen, even if you’re not interested in Cricket.

Ooooh, Hut 33 (if you like Cabin Pressure, I reckon you’ll like it) and Revolting People (Andy Hamilton) are on the iPlayer too – happy days 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Fiinemore is a very clever and funny guy – his monologues on the Now Show are hilarious.

kennyp
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Cabin Pressure too. All the episodes are on YouTube as it’s worth starting from the beginning with them. I’d say in fact that the episode Ottery St Mary is one of the funniest 30 minutes I’ve ever come across on either radio or TV.

John Finnemore, the writer, also has a great sketch show on Radio 4, and regularly appears on the Now Show. There’s a clip of him on YouTube absolutely destroying the News of the World.

Also agreed re Hut 33. very funny. And Andy Hamilton’s Revolting People and Old Harry’s Game are also superb.

Radio 4 (and Radio 4 Extra for the old stuff) is in fact probably the best quality comedy anywhere.

rOcKeTdOg

Harrumble!

love cabin pressure and would love to date minka from hut 33 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cabin Pressure Radio 4’ is closed to new replies.