Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CAADX – Rack & panniers? Numpty needs help
  • stox
    Free Member

Never had panniers on a bike before .. What do I need to know?
    What do you recommend that doesn’t end up costing me a fortune ? ..

Im thinking it’d make my commute a lot nicer without a bag on my back plus it’s give me the option to ride to work on the days i got an urge to at the last minute.

It’s a 2014 CAADX … Will any rack fit? Will all panniers fit all racks?

Thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

Does the frame have the required eyelets? If yes most bolt on racks will fit depending on stuff like disc brake mounts you may need a disc variant of a rack. I use a standard topeak rack that happens to clear the disc on my boardman. Could put any bags on it bit the matching slide and lock bag works a treat on it.

labsey
    Free Member

I commute with panniers and it makes a big difference. The extra weight takes a little getting used to but you’ll be fine. They seem to be fairly universal but I could be wrong.

I’ve got an Avenir Touring rack with Avenir triple panniers, never had any issues with them. Paid about £70 a few years ago.

stox
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll check eyelets tomorrow but seen a few bikes (of the same year) on a Google search with panniers so assumed it has the fitments.
    It is disk so that maybe something I need to be aware of when looking for a rack.

fisha
    Free Member

My Alu Caadx has had mudguards on through standard eyelets, so yours should be fine.

whatgoesup

Yes youll be fine. My 2015 caadx is currently weighted down with all sorts of metalwork including a rack, it’s got eyes in all the right places I’d imagine yours is pretty much identical.

It’d be worth trying some racks out for size in a real shop just to make sure they actually fit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CAADX – Rack & panniers? Numpty needs help’ is closed to new replies.