Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CAADX – Expectant Father Content…
  • boblo
    Free Member

Well, I’ve ordered a 56cm 2015 CAADX 105 and the bar steward won’t be here until mid November when the next rice express lands from Taiwan. I’m not known for excess patience and this is, indeed, trying.

I’ve ordered a nice pair of SKS’s, the usual Shimano 520’s and a pair of light Durano’s to commuterise it.

What else have people done with theirs whilst whiling away the delivery time?

househusband

I love my CAADX! All the bike I need for the tracks and trails within riding distance of home. Bought one from Epic Cycles a couple of months ago; a 2014 105 for £849 – have 10sp spares so more than happy.

Have fitted a 10sp XT 36t cassette and long cage 9sp XT rear mech for lower gearing – works fine though has a fine tolerance on setting up:

Have some spare 29er wheels that I’ve fitted with road tyres:

What SKS mudguards did you go for – they’re next on my list?

boblo
    Free Member

I went for the ‘standard’ chromoplastic 45’s. That’s pretty low gearing now. What are you doing with it to require that? Question #2; how are the brakes?

BTW, another Epic customer here. It’s the second bike I’ve bought from them and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Jamie
    Free Member

I went for the ‘standard’ chromoplastic 45’s. That’s pretty low gearing now. What are you doing with it to require that?

He lives in a place which actually goes above sea level, Bobbers.

househusband

I went for the ‘standard’ chromoplastic 45’s. That’s pretty low gearing now. What are you doing with it to require that? Question #2; how are the brakes?

BTW, another Epic customer here. It’s the second bike I’ve bought from them and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Brakes are fine; they stop my 15st more than adequately.

The extra gearing makes the bike more flexible, especially with my weight… as above! I guess on a full-on race cx bike you’d just pick the bike up and run with it but there’s a few steep bits of gravel track that I can now ride up.

Indeed – Epic are great. I’ll be getting my next road bike from them when the time comes, even though it’ll mean a weekend road trip!

hatter

Had one of the last American made CAAD CX-9’s, great bike, would still have it if years of man sweat hadn’t got into a large paint chip on the top tube and slowly rotted it.

Much underrated machines, the disc brake version would be on my shortlist if I ever fancied something a bit racier than the Croix.

househusband

Just ordered the SKS Chromoplastic mudguards from, of all places, Amazon – way cheaper than even Wiggle or CRC…

stanfree
    Free Member

Mudguards on a Cx bike ? , you’ve gone soft Mr S. Happy belated birthday by the way. 😀

househusband

Mudguards on a Cx bike ? , you’ve gone soft Mr S. Happy belated birthday by the way. 😀

Aah – but it was never the plan for it to be just a cx bike!

Cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CAADX – Expectant Father Content…’ is closed to new replies.