Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • C4 Coppers
  • jota180
    Free Member

Was the shouty midget copper really Bobby Ball?

kilo

Arresting a drunk for swearing is hardly crime of the century, is it?

It’s anti social behaviour and that is a real concern amongst the general public and that’s why they come down on it

“The level was high for four of the five strands, ranging
    between 88 per cent and 96 per cent for … drunk or rowdy behaviour and noisy neighbours.” British Crime Survey, stated sources of perceptions of anti social behaviour

If you had drunken idiots outside your house swearing their heads off every friday night would you want it stopping?

davidjones15
    Free Member

what makes you think I haven’t had drunks outside my city home?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kilo

what makes you think I haven’t had drunks outside my city home?

Well if you do maybe you have a different take from others on asb and are happy to live with it. Come summer we have a steady flow of drunks cutting across the park opposite, shouting, swearing fighting, collapsing on the floor and requiring ambulances to be called by residents on the way back from the pubs from midnight on and I’d be quite happy if the police knicked them

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Someone I know is a working copper. Unless he’s in a rush to get somewhere, he’ll always stop anyone using a mobile while driving . They get a chat, and a mention of the fatals he’s been to where a mobile was involved. The attitude test applies. The same goes with crossing white lines.

Mrs sog knew of a fatal where a manager was phoning her office and drove into a tree. I can’t imagine what it was like to be on the other end of that particular call.

hora
    Free Member

Arresting a drunk for swearing is hardly crime of the century, is it?

If I swore at my Mum I’d expect trouble
    If I swore at a stranger I might get a smack
    If I swore at my Boss I’d be sacked
    If I swore at an officer I’d expect to be arrested

I’ve been absolutely roaring drunk but I have been moved out of a doorway having a lash by an officer. I remembering feeling embarrased and apologetic. We were also stopped from rolling down a grass banking drunk by some Officers.

Some people are tits drunk and normal sober. Its sober when you have to worry about me 😆

hora
    Free Member

You want to join up don’t you? Go on admit it.

Yes and no in equal measure. Imagine, you could screw someones job prospects by making the wrong call etc*. Ontop of the abuse you can receive, the monotonity and essentially what difference have you made? You are basically holding back the tide of filth from engulfing society. The riots were a small glimpse at what can happen.

*I personally experienced good Policing/decision made on the spot a couple of years ago. I could easily have been arrested and taken to the nick. That would have screwed my future prospects up a wee bit.

wrecker
    Free Member

Whilst I respect the police and the difficult job they do (very well for the main part), the god complex some of them have gets right on my tits.
    I will happily show respect and be polite to someone (anyone) affording me the same compliment but if a policeman treats me like a **** I’ll reciprocate.

Brycey
    Free Member

You are basically holding back the tide of filth from engulfing society. The riots were a small glimpse at what can happen.

Lolz 😀 I’m off to dig the foundations for a bunker.

hora
    Free Member

I will happily show respect and be polite to someone (anyone) affording me the same compliment but if a policeman treats me like a **** I’ll reciprocate.

No. Theres a badge number on their shoulder. Its there for a reason. If you feel genuinely aggrieved by an action?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve watched all episodes so far and I think on the whole is shows the police force in a bad light. Especially last night’s TSG. They came across as uncouth unprofessionals who had only the power of arrest over your average Joe. Chowing down, farting and swearing strongly in a van didn’t impress me. That female officer was tidy though…

Brycey
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more Derek. The only ones that seemed to have any sense were the armed response lot last week.

jota180
    Free Member

No. Theres a badge number on their shoulder.

Unless they choose to cover it up

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s not easy though hora. I know there’s plently of very good police officers around, but some need to realise that they’re there to serve us, not act like our masters.

yossarian
    Free Member

Not sure what I made of last night’s episode to be honest.

Sure the clowning about and farting etc wasn’t particularly professional but I can let that slide.

What I didn’t like was the ‘in your face’ attitude towards the bloke that swore as they drove past. I totally get the zero tolerance thing towards anti-social behaviour but it looked to me like the whole situation could have been sorted out by stopping and having a word, rather than restraining and arresting. When the guy was challenged he appeared somewhat abashed and said that he didn’t like the police asnd had had negative experiences. I don’t think his treatment afterwards is likely to change his mind.

There’s a reason that seemingly so many people dislike the police. I don’t think driving around in a blacked out transit, nicking people for swearing is going to change that really.

Is it really so hard for the average copper to grasp that a lot of people intensely dislike being told what to do and not to question the authority of someone in a uniform? 9 times out of 10, speaking to someone as an equal would make one hell of a difference.

All in my opinion of course, just think that sometimes they make things worse and harder for themselves.

falkirk-mark

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8599258/Swearing-at-police-not-an-offence.html

well you shouldn’t

The first one I watched in Dundee the officers seemed to have a much better attitude, also thankfully the armed response, I think last nights lot were verging on bully boys.

hora
    Free Member

Chowing down, farting and swearing strongly in a van didn’t impress me. That female officer was tidy though…

Missing the point of what the Producers were trying to show in a show though (I feel).

Refer back to Anthony Philipson’s previous work 24hours in A&E- a very similar style of warts and all.

Yes we could have the staple in car footage of exciting chases, motorway muppetery etc etc but I think it gave US an insight into ‘their’ world.

jota180
    Free Member

Well, it sort of depends, If I did it from the other side of the road at the top of my voice, maybe I would

But just to the plod? nah, he’d struggle to look credible in court claiming that after n years in the force he was offended by swearing

mildred

What folk have to realise is that the production company followed the Police around for the better part of last year. They had a very clear picture of what they wanted to ‘create’ – a wharts and all view of policing. The thing is, all you have seen is everything they filmed condensed into 45 minutes. This has now shown the Police to be rude, intolerant, bullying etc. All you have seen is a heavily edited snapshot.

Most drunks and city centre revellers are given a lot of opportunity to quiet/calm down, stop their asb etc, but because they’re drunk they just don’t listen. When time comes to get ‘hand on’, they don’t react in they way a sober person reacts; they have to be handled much more firmly, you have to speak to them in a very basic way, using words they will understand. The amounts of to time I’ve been asked ‘which law is that’ etc. And told how to do my job by a drunk beggars belief. I used to go to great effort to explain everything, just to be asked the same question 2 mins later because they’re too drunk to listen/understand. It pointless to carry on with them.

I’m a few episodes behind, just watched the riot episode. Very entertaining but it does make me slightly uncomfortable when it shows colleagues with YMCA moustaches pushing 8 stone drunks to the floor before arresting them. However I have every sympathy with the officers who dealt with the fall out from the family party, nightmare jobs to deal with.

The interviews were conducted in November/Movember. That officer, and all his shift had the moustaches for charity. Again, you only see a particularly edited version of that incident.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hora – there should be a code of conduct common to all departments, divisions and constabularies. I know that the TSGs are tasked with the less pleasant / more risky jobs but they should behave the same as a traffic cop or armed response unit member. A&E doctors don’t eff and jeff just because they’re dealing with pissheads on a Saturday night!

hora
    Free Member

I personally feel the show didn’t show the Police in a overly bad light.

I don’t understand why people think the treatment of the drunks wasn’t acceptable?

As I said, I’ve been pissed/daft before as have many on here- how many times have you become mouthy and lairy to others whilst drunk?

v8ninety

A&E doctors don’t eff and jeff just because they’re dealing with pissheads on a Saturday night!

really?!? Maybe they’ve got the sense not to do so on camera, that’s all. Actually quite a lot do ‘eff and jeff’ about saturday night pissheads when there aren’t punters around. (as the TSG bobbies did; admittedly they had a camera quietly watching but that had probably been there for weeks and an assurance from managers that they could be themselves and it would be fine) The ones that don’t, it’s probably more to do with their previous social background rather than a particularly different level of ‘professionalism’. Not many former coal miner Drs around, ime.

hora
    Free Member

Can I just add, at what point do the Police stop standing back? A group of lads are pissed making tools of themselves. If they saw it didn’t have any effect where would it end up?

Seems to be alot of people who see the Police as ‘us and them’.

project
    Free Member

Two questions, do the Police officers involvbed get paid by the production company and repeat fees, for their appearances on tv, also do the criminals get paid a fee, and do they have to sign forms to allow their faces to be shown, some are fuzzed out some not, along with some of the officers and ambulance staff who are fuzzed out.

Otherwise not a bad programe, showed some of the muppets the Police have to deal with, especially the chap with hte penis on a pair of glasses.

I also wonder if the same drunken person,who is agressive towards the Police, would be equally agressive to a single chap walking home alone, and how would that single chap feel if he was attacked and latter found out the Police didnt stop and have a word with a drunk.

jota180
    Free Member

some are fuzzed out some not, along with some of the officers and ambulance staff who are fuzzed out.

IIRC
    if they’re convicted, they’re usually fair game, otherwise a release needs to be signed

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘C4 Coppers’ is closed to new replies.