Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • C2W not taking my money!
  • chestrockwell

So, I got a bike via our c2w scheme way back in May I think, maybe July. Anyway, to date I have not had any deductions taken. I have used it before and they were prompt with deductions, certainly within a month or two.

The question is, how do these schemes work? Are my employers just a facilitator for my deal with cyclescheme and just take deductions on their behalf or do the employer in effect take on the debt and take it back via my wage?

I was concerned that it may have credit rating issues if my lot had managed to stuff it up and cyclescheme were expecting money they were not getting but having read back through the agreement it states words to the effect of the contract doesn’t start until the first payment has been made so since they have not taken a payment I can’t be defaulting. They also have my contact details so if there was a problem they would surely contact me?

I can’t imagine such a big set up would just forget so that then comes back to my employers. Now they defo have the ability to forget and stuff it up but if all they do is deduct from me and pass it on and taking in to account cyclescheme have not contacted me so must be happy is there another way these things work? Do cyclescheme charge them from pot a and then they take back from me from pot b (my wage)? If that was the case then it would not be beyond the imagination that my lot are paying for it but not charging me?

The obvious answer is to ring them all up and I will do in the new year but I just wondered if any of you lot had a knowledge of the inner workings of the scheme?

simondbarnes

In simple terms, your employer pays the C2W provider for the bike and then takes the money from you out of your monthly wage. So it’s your employer you need to speak to.

benpinnick

The deductions would probably be a matter for you and your employer, nothing to do with Cyclescheme. All Cyclescheme would do is advise the employer on what deductions to make. Your employer’s HR / accounts department just forgot to set up the deduction I expect.

chestrockwell

Cheers both, that’s the answer I was hoping for.

vincienup
    Free Member

^ definitely an issue with your payroll department.

I’d investigate as a matter of urgency as cycle scheme are quite likely to have a fixed term contract for the hire and your employer may or may not be interested in fixing the problem without pushing the cost on to you (ie, “ok we’ve fixed the deductions but we’re just going to take the first four right now”…). I know that’s how my last employer would have approached the issue.

breadcrumb

Have you spoke with hr? Don’t let them saddle you with a big bill, tread carefully though as things like this can set off a chain reaction if you don’t have a good grip on things.

chestrockwell

Thanks for the further responses. I’m not too worried on the big hit side of things as our lot have made mistakes through payroll before and they always offer to spread the cost. Ultimately their mistake so I will see what they say in the new year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘C2W not taking my money!’ is closed to new replies.