Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • C2C – Walney to Whitby, any thoughts?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

I need a challenge to look forward to next year. I did the Workington to Sunderland C2C in a day back in July & really enjoyed it (was hard tho). Now i fancy the off-road route from Walney Island in Cumbria to Whitby over a few days, staying at B+B’s/YH etc.
    Anyone done it & what would i need to take?

ChrisE
    Free Member

is that the new way-of-the-roses that was set up this year?

C

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not sure TBH, when i got my C2C route map there is a section about other routes & the W2W one is mentioned. Approx 142 miles so thinking of making a week(ish) of it & spending 3 or 4 days actually riding it.

imnotverygood

Ummm. I don’t think it is primarily off road. It is just like the C2C if this is the one you mean.

http://www.cyclingw2w.info/index.htm

andylakes

Hi Did it over 2 1/2 days last year. Its nearly all road except a section near Greenodd where it crosses a bridge, this can be avoided by a little creative map work. The bridleway down from Tan Hill pub is pretty bad for a road bike although a hybrid would probably survive. There are also some non tarmac roads/tracks in the N York Moors which were just about OK on a road bike with 23mm tyres.
    Its a good trip although gets a little tedious in the middle between Bowes and the NY Moors.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ah. For some reason i was convinced it was an off-road route. Think i’ll flag it up anyway as it sounds like fun 🙂

Need some sort of challenge to aim for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘C2C – Walney to Whitby, any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.