Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • C++ runtime – help please!
  • plant
    Free Member

Hi,

Hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction – I'm not very techy ……

Error message is C++ Runtime Error
    program files\common files\symantec shared\ccproxy . exe

Running windows XP (SP3)
    Norton Internet Security (2005)

Occurs when I open FF (haven't tried IE) and only when I open Flickr. If I leave the message (don't "OK"), then I can access as normal. As soon as I hit "OK", all internet access stops.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thank you in advance.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Without thinking too hard about it, the Symantec jumps out immediately.

>> program files\common files\symantec shared\ccproxy . exe

Are you running Norton antivirus/firewall? I'd get rid of that and install something like AVG free or Avast! (for antivirus) and Zonealarm for firewall. They all have free versions.

Is that all the error says? Could be worth typing the exact wording of the error into Google. Someone will have had a similar problem before.

jon

EDIT: just seen that you are using Norton… Try typing the exact error into Google before removing Norton.

thepurist

As above – getting rid of Norton and replacing it with something that does the same job without killing your CPU and memory can often sort these problems

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Bug in Norton Security, probably having a problem protecting Fire Fox.

plant
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I had Symantec making some changes that has dealt with the problem. Gonna leave it for a few days and then ditch it …… Never have liked it!

Thanks for the advice. Thank you,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘C++ runtime – help please!’ is closed to new replies.