Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • C and B seen lights help please
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Just receieved my nice shiny green one. Fine and looks just the job. Just wondering though. It has some charge but I assume not full.What should I do first time round. Plug it in or discharge it first? Also do the chargers switch off when the battery is charged or do I have to time it like in the good old days?
    Ta peeps

richmtb

Its a Li-Ion battery so its doesn’t need an overcharge when its first used. Li-Ion batteries don’t like being overcharged.

When you charge it the light on the charger goes red. it changes to green when its done. No idea if its still supplying any current when the light is green. It shouldn’t if its a proper charger.

Personally as its a cheap charger I wouldn’t leave it plugged on overnight. It takes about 3-4 hours to charge

somafunk

I switched my light on and let it run for an hr then placed it on charge, when it was fully charged 4hrs later the led on the charger turned green and 15mins later i removed it from charge and went riding. I’m sure the charger will switch off when the battery is charged but like all my chargers i always remove and switch off whatever gadget/appliance i’m charging – if you need confirmation then give roger a call at C&B Seen or drop him a query, he’ll answer quickly if it’s in shop hours.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Missed the shop hours and I wanted to play tonight. Mended slippers instead.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Charger should be smart enough to do the right thing. They are stored at 40%ish for longest shelf life.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Well I plugged it in an the red light came on.Just a tiny bit of warmth at charger. Came back 3 hours later and the green light was on and the charger was stone cold so I guess it switches off!
    well impressed with light, much brighter than my old Exposure 2 LED. Normal cables just long enough to use on helmet with battery in rear pocket without using extension. I am only 5’7though.

enfht
    Free Member

You don’t need to discharge modern Li-Ion batteries to keep them healthy any more. Keep them topped up at every opportunity and try and avoid running them flat too often.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘C and B seen lights help please’ is closed to new replies.