Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bye bye Tern….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

So after numerous problems with the rear wheel on my Tern Verge X10 Evans have decided that rather than replace the rear wheel they’d rather just let me exchange for a different bike. I have had 5 spokes break. I then got the rear wheel rebuilt only for another spoke to go. Tern were a bit crap sending out a replacement wheel sharpish and Evans have had it for the last 8 days. I’m a bit gutted tbh as it was a cracking bike, really stiff for a folder, fast and light and looked good. tern advertised the low count Kinetix wheels as stronger than wheels with a higher spoke count but this is obviously not the case…

Have just ordered a Brompton S3L to replace it which is a little disappointing but there was nothing else out there within budget. Never ridden one and not really looking forward to 16″ wheels.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Seems a bit of an extreme option for a wheel problem? I’m long-term ahead looking at a folder and have narrowed the same choices, ie Brompton vs Tern, I read of many Dahon wheel replacement probs also…used to have a Mu p8 but no probs except for flexy telescopic handlepost with crap bar clamp. Always fancied a cromo Speed Uno, they look tough…

Let us know how you get on with the diddy wheels 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Maybe I was too heavy for the wheels. Everywhere else the tern was great, stiff and light and no creaking whatsoever in nearly 4 months of daily use. Disappointed to be losing it 😥

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bye bye Tern….’ is closed to new replies.