Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • By gum it's beautiful out there…
  • Kryton57

Cool, sunny, crisp and autumnal. Just spent a fantastic couple of hours pooling around admiring the countryside on the road bike.

Topped off by coffee and Tiramisu post ride. .

Anyone else had a pleasant Sunday morning in the sun?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just got back from the Sunday club ride. A nice “steady” 60 miles of crispness. Love it. 😀

tenfoot

It’s beautiful out there today. Was having a very pleasant road ride on my old rigid marin until my seat clamp disintegrated 18 miles into a 25 mile loop. I had to ride home standing up.

Back out tonight for an off road night-ride. Should be good if it stays dry all day.

shifter
    Free Member

It was damn cold and dark during my morning ride. Hoping for a more pleasant afternoon ride in about an hour 🙂

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I had a leisurely trundle on the road bike to shake off last night`s excesses.It was indeed a pleasure to be out today.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Third day on the trot in bed with flu.

Today was supposed to be the christening of my new singlespeed 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another leisurely trundler here, round the scenic sites of Richmond and Wombledon. No gnats were shredded, but lovely to get out for a spin.

Oh, and a bonus sausage! Got home to find a forgotten sausage from brekker still in the oven. Currently being nommed upon with a pint of Fullers 1845. 🙂

z1ppy

MM I feel your pain, though it’s not flu I have (as I can get out of bed) it pretty damned nasty.
    Hope this freeze continues… (haven’t seen any forcasts so don’t spoil my hopes for a ride on solid terra firma)

Bregante

Indeed. Went out for a couple of hours on the road bike. A bit sketchy in places with ice on the exposed parts of the Cheshire plains. Saw more than one rider who’d taken a tumble but thankfully pride was the only thing to suffer by the looks of it.

colournoise

Lovely weather here, but still can’t get out on the bike due to my dodgy ankle/foot. Three weeks now. Have to make do with track from Glasgow on the TV and a spot of bike tinkering later.

Haze

Nice 60 with the club (road), coffee and scone included. Tired and happy.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I just christened my new , to me , intense 5.5 around the local lake , all good apart from dodgy front brake bleed . First time in clips for 15-20 years too and it all came back , just like riding a bike 😉

racefaceec90

gah the weather is going to be pants next week (am picking up a lovely new road bike that i have been wanting for a long time 🙁 shakes fist at the weather gods 👿

themoodster
    Free Member

Two weeks post displaced wrist fracture (radius and ulna), one week post op to install Ti upgrades to wrist bones. Most I’m getting this weekend is a walk round the park with the misses.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Ti upgrade? Will it be in Hope green or does that cost too much ? 😉

grum
    Free Member

Another invalid here. Yet another nasty cold – this time of year is not kind to me it seems. Glad some people are out enjoying it.

matt_outandabout

Not a bad day today or yesterday here – great snow covered hills round us today…

Glen Ample by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

And all good long winter walks in the country need following up by a good cafe…

iBaa
    Free Member

A lovely morning for a ride.

Took advantage of the weather and headed for a loop round the Church Stretton hills.

ps44
    Free Member

4 hours mud plugging in the Shire. Sort of wish I’d ridden the roadie like last Sunday, but fun anyway. Question is – did it flush out the man flu that just won’t go away ?

stumpy01

Bah! Was a nice perfect day for a ride, so I headed out for a couple of hours.
    But, my cold hasn’t fully receded & I felt rubbish….no energy at all. I know it wasn’t going to go well, when my HR was up to 100 before I’d even got onto the bike & was up to >160 before getting 1/4 mile down the road….
    Decided to do a short loop, so ended up doing 11 miles & calling it up a day.

But, yeah….while I was out it was lovely…

kayak23

A cheeky and unintentional road ride on the fixie for quite a few miles courtesy of Warwickshire. It were lush. 🙂

Kryton57

Thing is i missed an organised group mtb ride due to baby issues – kinda glad i squeezed this in!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Endeavoured to blow away a potent combination of hangover and head cold with a loop round Beckwithshaw, Greenhow and Bolton Abbey. Don’t know if it’s worked but it was a lovely ride.

weeksy

Yeah was crisp, dry and bright this morning for my road bike debut…

headfirst
    Free Member

Yep, went out for a swift hour and a half on the road bike this afternoon. It’s a glorious country we live in when the sun’s out!

_tom_
    Free Member

My bike ride today was a hung over attempt to go get my car from town before work today. It was difficult not to throw up all over it. Not enjoyable!

Janesy
    Free Member

Does anyone here at stw ride mountain bikes nowadays?

I also has a lovely 60 mile road ride down the wylye valley.

Sandwich

Went out for a short ride at lunchtime and enjoyed it so much I stayed out for 50 miles. A lack of fluids has left my legs like cold cooked spaghetti!

asterix
    Free Member

Beautiful day – XC mtbing this morning, muddy but fun

brooess
    Free Member

No riding but de-mudded some local trails with some judicious digging of drains and general trail maintenance.
    Decided it was too muddy for a decent ride and went for a walk in the woods with cake at the village shop in the middle.
    Beautiful day. Do wish I’d been out on the road bike!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Quick hour’s blast around Swinley and it was grand. Hopefully more of the same next week!

Hareydan
    Free Member

Had a great 4 hour spin on the Quantocks, beautiful sunshine and not too muddy if you pick the right trails! Saw plenty of bikers up there too. Only downside was getting to the pub for lunch to find out the kitchen was shut for a week 🙁

Haze

Does anyone here at stw ride mountain bikes nowadays?

Only when the roads are wet and/or the pubs are open.

righog
    Free Member

Aye it was canny today ! Moving away from Autumn into winter here. So i found a couple of extra routes, due to less foliage, but the new trails, will be for frozen days or the summer…Muuuuuddddy !!!!!

inkster
    Free Member

especially in the Kent Downs near Igtham this afternoon, the bed of leaves even providing a barrier to the mud. A bit slippy, but a quick wipe of the down tube and seat post with some fern leaves and the bike didn’t even need a wash….. which is a first in a long, long time. I could even see the skin on my shins when finished, another first in a …..you get the picture.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Friday in Ae and yesterday in Dalbeattie . Weather superb and trails in great condition. Fantastic! Stayed at Gorsebank new bothy in Dalbeattie, 5 mins from the trails. Excellent . Thought this was a MTb forum!

ska-49
    Free Member

Was a lovely crisp day!

Sandwich

ska-49 it’s mud season round these parts. Thick deep cloying clay based cack, my hard tail gains unto 5kg on my normal commute of 10 miles. Waiting for a really cold snap so that it all firms up again and I can start hurtling along all the trails. No point in trashing the usable trails by overuse, after all it’s all riding bikes!

will
    Free Member

Beautiful day out today, very cold in the rural parts but once the sun was up it was warm. Made the most and did Oxford and back.

fandango
    Free Member

Having trawled through the mud on Friday’s ride and with limited time, I opted for an early and frosty road ride. A lovely few hours covering 60k around Cardiff. Back home for lunch and a family outing. Nice 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘By gum it's beautiful out there…’ is closed to new replies.