Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • B&W Darkroom – any use or should I take it to the tip ?
  • DaveGr
    Free Member

Been storing stuff for a friend while he travels the World and finally got him to clear it out – last remaining item is a "black and white dark room with enlarger". No idea what's in the box but he said something about being able to mix chemicals etc and I'm guessing it's the stuff needed to take good old fashioned film through to a final picture.

But the question is … are there any retrophoto guys who'd want this or should I just take it to the tip and get rid?

AndyRT
    Free Member

I have a friend that might be interested.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I saw the entire contents of the local college darkroom in a skip last summer. I manfully ignored the temptation to pillage 🙁

fontmoss
    Free Member

id be interested in it depending on whats in the box or alternatively put it on talkphotography.co.uk, dont throw it out unless the stuff is gubbed

avdave2

I´ve still got all my darkroom kit. I don´t know if I´ll ever use it again but I couldn´t just dump it. If nothing else put it in your local paper as free to collector´ give it a chance to be used again.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I sold all my darkroom stuff 2 years ago, for more than I paid for it s/h too.

Clearly its worth something if you can be bothered.

I'm sure some die hard camera fan would love it and as avdave2 says, let it have the chance to be used again.

Raindog
    Free Member

Don't bin it, give it to someone for a charity donation.

grantway
    Free Member

Darkroom LOL they was the days of past I remember when.
    The Darkroom is what drew me into photography the creativity
    and mastering of technics.
    Still be a good thing for kids, to develope a picture from a blank
    piece of paper.

avdave2

I still think that watching a B&W image appear before you in a developing tray is magic. For me it will always be the very best moment in the whole process. Make sure someonelse gets the chance to experience that if you can.

user-removed
    Free Member

Yep – a camera club might be grateful for it. I still print in my home darkroom but have given up home developing my films – he house is just too dusty and now I take it all to a local lab.

If it's a Leitz Focomat V35 enlarger, I'll bite yer hand off!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘B&W Darkroom – any use or should I take it to the tip ?’ is closed to new replies.