Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • B&W A5 problems – I need help!
  • apj
    Free Member

So, if I understand it right, then from a reset it should work as an access point creating its own network, then after config it drops this network and hopefully connects to the network you’ve told it to. From what PP is saying, after a reset it still isn’t presenting its A5 network. My guess is it’s either iffy design of the networking side, or channel interference with the existing networks. Either way, the manual gives little technical setup for the networking side. Overall impressions is that it’s a very expensive speaker which looks nice and probably has good sound, but the networking side may be a bit cheap and certainly poorly documented. I get the impression PP doesn’t enjoy this type,of problem, and why should he, so probably best to return and get something different.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well. It’s sorted! A nice chap called Matt at B&W called me after I lodged the issue and we spent a while on the phone sorting it. There were 2 issues, one of which I can’t fully explain, and I’m positive I’d tried anyway, which was to simply move the A5 into another room, no more than 10 feet further from the router. Then we could see it’s setup network. Bizzare. I honestly can’t work that out.
    The second, which made the setup fail first time as it had done for me in the past, was special characters in the Apple generated network name – Peter’s Wi-Fi Network – Once I’d shortened that to ‘Peter’ it set up first time.
    So, now i can annoy the neighbours… 🙂
    I tell you what too, these A5s are just as seriously impressive at home as they are in the demo room of the store. It’s sitting on top of our American-style fridge-freezer, and I think it’s using it as a bass tube of some sort…. my god that’s loud!
    🙂

messiah
    Free Member

Good news!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘B&W A5 problems – I need help!’ is closed to new replies.