Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Buying yourself something daft for christmas?
  • binners

What I really really want is one of these…

StuF

Trail_rat – I’m trying hard to convince myself that I need to one of those denon’s as well but probably with different speakers. Maybe wait until after christmas to see if they drop in price.

stumpy01

StuF – Member

Trail_rat – I’m trying hard to convince myself that I need to one of those denon’s as well but probably with different speakers. Maybe wait until after christmas to see if they drop in price.

£169 on superfi….

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-10642-denon-dm39dab-cddabdabfmusb-micro-system.aspx

matttromans
    Free Member

trail_rat – you won’t be disappointed! I bought the Denon a couple of years ago when my old stereo “crapped out”. Brilliant piece of kit!

Pieface

I bought a bow-tie for Xmas dinner

If that Denon played DVDs and had a TV output It’d be just what I’m after

trail_rat
    Free Member

StuF

i got the system from superfi for 299 inc cables and free delivery – i didnt think it would get much cheaper given they are 199 quid speakers – richer sounds doing them with different speakers – i hummed and hawed over the wharfdale diamond 220

superfi also have an open box dm39 unit without speakers for 159

glad to hear it will not disappoint

Stoner
    Free Member

dammit, arse biscuits!
    Ive just been gazumped on those landy wheels. I was going to go and pick them up tonight. 🙁

Have just put an offer in on another set over the border in taffland. Will see…

Bregante

Pieface – Member
    I bought a bow-tie for Xmas dinner

We’re having Turkey

gazc
    Free Member

stihl chainsaw, 10lb sledgehammer, maul and splitting wedge, plus some paving slabs so i can make a base for my 2nd hand asgard bike shed i have in the lock up

also a couple of boxes of ale for xmas hols 🙂

CaptainSlow

edhornby – Member
    I bought me a Big Muff
    tell me more – I have a hankering for one of these to run from my strat….

Not much I can tell you I’m afraid, not used it yet (won’t be till Christmas day). I bought it from my local music shop (who price match) so paid £52.50 for it.

Cant wait, been learning some Pumpkins tunes especially 🙂

neilthewheel

bought me a Big Muff

Is that a Big Mac with a pubic hair in it?

tomhoward

A Ti exhaust manifold off a Caterham (Renault) F1 V8 turned up today, from the crowd funding thing they did.

The welding. Is. Magnificent.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Well, my 2nd set of Chinese carbon rims turned up today 😀

baronspudulike
    Free Member

Bought myself a Global TS 1 frame from the classifieds and built it up last weekend, wanted one for years and nobody else was going to buy me one. Also a bottle of my favourite port to celebrate not being back in work until January. So great purchases really, pic of the bike but the bottle of Port is emptying itself rapidly into my glass.

mikemorini
    Free Member

After 30 years I’ve gone and got a new tattoo. And I’m really rather pleased with it. 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

Bought myself a horizontal milling machine, and just got a percussion press for £15…

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m seriously considering getting one of those carbon fatbike frames from China and building up my oo rolling chassis into a matt black ninja machine.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A set of Top Trump cards
    (Planet Rock – Rock Gods)

cranberry
    Free Member

I normally treat myself to something at Christmas, but haven’t found anything I want ( need has little to do with it ) this year.

I looked at a watch, but ended up looking at the new version of a watch I already have which would be pointless.

I have thought of a PS4 for fun over Christmas, but having always been a PC gamer I am not sure about making the jump to console.

I looked at upgrading my somewhat flakey PC, but the cost was over my budget, so that plan was discarded.

As it stands, my “treat” for myself is going to be getting the exhaust manifold of my TD5 engine skimmed and re-fitted. 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well i suppose mine would be the house i’m buying.

CaptainSlow

neil the wheel – Member
    bought me a Big Muff

Is that a Big Mac with a pubic hair in it?

No, it’s the fillet o ….. IGMC 😀

I’m not sure whether I really bought it for Pumpkins tunes or whether I bought it just so I could say I’d bought a big muff 🙄

maxtorque

Postie delivered my Chrimbo Pressie to myself today:

#quitegeeky 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A decent MTB!

Yak

maxtorque – an oscilloscope? intriguing.

I have ordered some new wheels and yellow esi grips.

everyone
    Free Member

I really want a nice rigid SS to replace the inbred I’ve got. Anyone know of any nice 650b singlespeeds going that aren’t too expensive but are nicer than an inbred?

Failing that I got myself these a week or 2 ago.

TheBrick
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member
    Postie delivered my Chrimbo Pressie to myself today:

Ha! I bought a scope for myself last christmas. Only a 100 mhz one but I only do basic stuff. Is that the Rigol with the firmware hack?

tomhoward

A calculator. With gears.

onandon
    Free Member

NAIM MU-SO On my want list to replace my B&W Zeppelin

tang
    Free Member

A new set of winter riding gear inc a Gabba. My old stuff is worn out and my upcoming event is sponsored by Castelli…

somouk
    Free Member

I had a new bike and a PS4 for xmas off myself which was nice.

I might even pick up some new rims in the xmas sales too if I see some I fancy.

mrmoofo

A house …..

ourmaninthenorth

@ CaptainSlow – surely with a Big Muff you should be playing Mudhoney?

heckler73
    Free Member

sitting on the buy button for pair of mavic cosmic carbones , may have to get delivered to a mates house though…………

aracer
    Free Member

How much is one of those? Really quite fancy a proper one, for the time being I make do with http://www.gabotronics.com/development-boards/xmega-xprotolab.htm

LeeW

Aracer, I have a Tektronix TDS 220 Kicking around the workshop which I upgraded earlier on in the year. It was a bit funky as I couldn’t get in spec. I’ll run it through a calibration, define the errors and if it’s acceptable, you can have it.

iainc

Croix De Fer 30 🙂 didn’t need it and couldn’t really justify it so sold my 2014 one a few weeks ago so as not to be n+1 !

It’s been a crap year so credit card time 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Wow, well I wasn’t expecting that sort of Christmas spirit Lee – thanks, YGM.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Just bought a Nikon D5300 camera. Always wanted a DSLR and with the recent birth of our son thought it was the ideal time to capture him growing up. Still learning about photography and don’t really know about all the settings yet but trying to teach myself.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Buying yourself something daft for christmas?’ is closed to new replies.