Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Buying tools on ebay
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I have early 500 feedback and in the space of 6 days I’ve had my first 2 tools dicking me around there. Both being passive-aggressive, patronising, disingenuous…

It’s not a statistically relevant sample of course, but is this the way things are going there?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thought you might be looking for an offset 19mm crescent wrench, no advice to offer. I’m oot

bigyinn
    Free Member

Go on al share it!

Coyote
    Free Member

I still have nothing but positive experiences on ebay but there are tools in all walks of life.

There do seem to be some who haven’t grasped the fact that they are not dealing with a trader, rather a private seller who has little interest in negotiation tactics or “haggling”.

toys19
    Free Member

I once had a ‘merican message me to say that he had reported me for schill bidding on my own item as the winning bidder was from the same location as me – UK..

hatter

Annoying isn’t it, had one recently, sold a cassette stating clearly on the auction that UK P&P was a fiver.

The winning bidder then e-mailed me to haggle on the postage saying that he’d taken the time to work out that by by Royal mail 2nd class it should only be £2.20 and asked me to reinvoice him.

He then got all shirty when I (as politely as I could muster) suggested that if he didn’t like the £5 postage charge he maybe shouldn’t have bid.

*sigh*

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about Snap On or Kamasa.

martymac

the problem is partly caused by the fact that paypal nearly always sides with the buyer, so if there is a dispute the buyer can keep the goods and have his money refunded.
    but there are tools in all walks of life, i work with a fair few.

chakaping
    Free Member

Item not as described.

No tool content received.

I want a refund.

Drac

Only once had an issue and that was something to do with P+P too, the guy wanted me to pay extra above what was mentioned on the site. Something he openly admitted to do with the fees, I kindly pointed out that it was against the terms and conditions of ebay and we can raise the issue with them. He then said he’d not send the item, I wasn’t bothered didn’t need it, so told him it’s fine but I’d report it as not sent. He reimbursed me the cash then asked if we could agree to do positive feedback as if the sale had gone ahead, told him to give me mine first. Which to be fair he did and I gave him negative with a brief story of what happened. Funny his account disappeared soon after.

Only had issues with 2 items not being as described or not working, first the guy couldn’t apologise enough and refunded me and sent another our free of charge to test and then withdrew all of those items from his sales when I reported back. The other the guy sent me a replacement before he’d received the faulty one back and refunded me a few pounds for the P+P cost.

So yeah still like Ebay but just like anywhere you have to look and watch out for chancers.

njee20
    Free Member

Never had any problems myself, but hardly surprising there’s a few dicks about.

boltonjon

I thought this was gonna be something about Pikeys selling stolen tools on Ebay!

I had a major issue with a US buyer wanting some Pace forks sent non-recorded delivery to save him cash

Me being a muggins sent them of, and him claiming a month later that they never arrived

Contested it with Ebay, supplied receipts and emails but they didn’t want to listen, so it cost me a pair of pace forks

Very unhappy, but know it was me being naive, and won’t be stung twice

easygirl

I had a tossed who bought a new howies t shirt for £6, then complained that £4 was excessive for postage
    I told him that postage had cost me £3.20, and packaging about £1
    He gave me negative feedback, at the time I had 300 100% positive feedback
    I was a little miffed

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Buying tools on ebay’ is closed to new replies.