Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Buying Specialized models not available in uk?
  • Clink

Lets say I was interested in one of these http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52828&scid=1000&scname=Mountain%5DnullI’m presuming from posts on here Spec UK wouldn’t be interested – any suggestions – not much luck searching online.

RealMan
    Free Member

When it first came out I asked the same question, and got told by someone who had really looked into it they weren’t available over here at all. There is a website that buys stuff from different countries and ships it anywhere, works out at a decent rate. Can’t remember the name of the website though, sorry.

singlespeedstu

Speak to bonesetter (nigel)

He imported a specialized frame that was unavailable here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Clink

Thanks for that. Was wondering of any US shops (or Europe even better) would ship here?

Clink

Ta stu – I will.

sheldona
    Free Member

I’d rather give up mtb-ing than ride a Spesh :-0

Clink

I could always put some stickers on it!

igm

somebody send Sheldon a Spesh now.

njee20
    Free Member

I feel sorry for anyone who’s that much of a label whore, a bit pathetic really!

Talk to a good Specialized dealer, a Concept Store or similar, they will, on occasion, import one off bikes, we’ve had a few things over the years that aren’t nominally available in the UK.

Filthy
    Free Member

Seconded, a good spesh dealer will be able to get one. I was after a 24″ allez for my lad a few years back, bikescene were going to get one, unfortunately they had sold out in the usa so ended up with something else. But most dealers should be able to get US market bikes, if they are really good they will even swap the brakes over.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s not that straight forward, but there’s a chance.

They should definitely swap the brakes over, that’s seriously basic stuff! All Scott bikes come through with levers the ‘wrong way’ round.

sheldona
    Free Member

😉

njee20
    Free Member

🙂

Tracey

A few years ago we wanted a Hotrock FSR for Abigale. They wernt available in the UK so talked to Specialized Europe, they wouldnt post one but they did arange for a store in France to have one in and we picked it up whilst on holiday

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Buying Specialized models not available in uk?’ is closed to new replies.