Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Buying second hand mobile phones
  • ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I have brought one from a car boot sale, fair price (not silly cheap)

Whats the score with these, ie could it be stolen ? If a phone is reported stolen and I have ended up buying it will I get in trouble once I try to use it ?

Creg

Ive had a lot of second hand phones (I keep losing/dropping them so replace it with another phone for £10 or so), all without issue. If they have been stolen I havnt received any kind of comeback over it, but I did purchase the phones from a shop not a car boot sale. If you bought it in good faith then there might not be an issue, just direct the police to the seller?

Only problem I have had has been the alarming amount of home made p0rn on them usually featuring some fat chav munter 😯

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

I just starting thinking that the networks but know its been reported stolen so when it appears on the network again, they would report it……

teef
    Free Member

I bought one once on ebay – stank due to previous owner being smoker. Wouldn't buy another on hygiene grounds.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Have bought a few without issue off of ebay.

Not sure what report of "stolen" does other than block a sim (albeit iphones are traceable by gps, others possibly also). No doubt google will tell you.

stumpy01

Generally if they are reported stolen, then the network provider locks that phone immediately anyway so the phone is effectively dead.

Not sure if this can be undone….?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thread resurrection!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Response time of 6 months…slow connection?

teef
    Free Member

What about the hygiene aspect – do you really want to be breathing right next to where somebody with unknown cleanliness habits has been breathing?

geoffj

Not sure if this can be undone….?

It can be, I once had a replacement blackberry delivered that wouldn’t work. Turns out it had been reported stolen and barred. They removed the bar and it was fine. Bluddy terrible phone though.

yetirose
    Free Member

A young fox carrying a rabbit came past whilst i was sat having a rest.
    seeing two stags fighting,and whilst resting again a young badger coming close enough for me to put my hand out and touch, yes i do a lot of resting.

And on a few occations lady ramblers squating behind trees. never a dull moment.ps i dont put my hand out and touch them i peddle past politely.

cynic-al
    Free Member

zOMG Thread resurrection AND non-secuteur (sp) posts on one thread!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

Im persuing a guy through court and his mobile number has been reissued to a different person on a new contract. Bad innit.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Oldgit – yep, they throw all stopped mobile numbers back in the bucket to reuse.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Buying second hand mobile phones’ is closed to new replies.