Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • buying new pedals tonight to replace my DMR v8's any suggestions? nano's????
  • cazum
    Free Member

anyone?

Northwind

Alu nanos for big-ish, thin-ish and sturdy, MG1s for light but thicker and a bit softer. (mag nanos with ti axles for great performance despite epic pin loss, and empty wallet)

creamegg
    Free Member

If your budget allows id go for straitline defacto. Ive got nanos too but prefer the straitlines by far. But they are twice the price, and not sure if they’re twice as good

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Nano’s on special at the mo

cazum
    Free Member
    dannybgoode

Been mentioned a few times but Carbon Cycles are the same pedals but cheaper than Superstar:

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&

You can also get Shimano Saint for £45 from CRC – good pedals.

Cheers

Danny B

bigbloke
    Free Member

These are same pedal but cheaper still…..

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

brooess
    Free Member

I changed from V8 to Shimano DX – way grippier

badllama
    Free Member

Nano’s, now on every bike I own 8)

cazum
    Free Member

carbon aint got them in red 🙁 so no go there

fivespot
    Free Member

Nanos from V12 here, most noticeable difference was the comfort. V12’s always gave me aching feet

ddmonkey

DMR Vaults – they are fantastic.

tmb467
    Free Member

Burgtec Penthouse (was on a budget and and got S/H MK2s for not a lot of cash)

Very nice they are too. Ridden with DMR vaults and Sunnline V1s too – both very very good as well

Nanos on my mates bike are better than his V12s as well…so basically whatever is cheapest and in the right colour of those mentioned above, I’d recommend 🙂

fd3chris
    Free Member

IMO saints for £45 are very very hard to beat .

jasperb
    Free Member

Would anyone recommend the v8’s as a budget choice? Are they ok when wet?

I’m looking to replace the stock pedals on my freeride bike.

Northwind

V8s are sorta kinda alright- they last a long time if you remember to skoosh out the grease from time to time. But they’re heavy, not that grippy, pretty thick… You can get something a lot better for not that much money. So honestly I reckon it’s just a no.

johnhe

I think V8’s are magic. To get anything better, you have to pay a load more. I paid £25 for mine, and most of the bling tastic pedals I see in the shops are £70+

V8’s and 5 tens. Unbeatable. I could buy a new set 3 times over and still be cheaper than a set of vaults.

lehutch
    Free Member

+1 for DMR vaults

mikey74
    Free Member

Spank Spikes, if you want to spend that much.

Northwind

johnhe – Member

I think V8’s are magic. To get anything better, you have to pay a load more. I paid £25 for mine, and most of the bling tastic pedals I see in the shops are £70+

Wellgo MG1 is better in every way other than sheer toughness, £33 (it’s a pedal directly comparable with the top-end V12). Nano is just plain better, and £34.

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’ve got some nukeproof electrons, and they seem amazing.
    Really durable, really light, nice shape (slightly convex, but oh well!)
    The only problem is that it is difficult to know when the grub screws are tight and when they are screwing into the plastic body of the pedal.

zelak999
    Free Member

DMR Vaults are awesome. If you’ve got the funds.

gaberin
    Free Member

I’ve got nanos on my full sus and just got some v12s for my hard tail, definitely prefer the v12s.
    The v12s only cost me £10 second hand and work great.
    The superstars needed a service after just a few rides, and they just seem crap quality.

Northwind

gaberin – Member

The superstars needed a service after just a few rides years

or at least that’s my experience… Oldest set are at least 2 years old, I’ve serviced them once and they were pristine inside. Second set are about 6 months newer, haven’t serviced them at all. Both are on constant- use bikes. Set 3 is on the dh bike so doesn’t see so much use but when they work, they work, and no servicing. Your experience is different from most.

Honestly I don’t see anything low quality about them either- they’re not as pretty as Vaults but they’re for stomping on with muddy shoes and banging off rocks.

jasperb
    Free Member

Free shipping to Europe from carbon cycles, that’s excellent.

ajt123
    Free Member

Don’t get the electrons – the end cap is held-in metal on plastic. Basically if it works loose the threads are stripped and you can’t fix it.

I should be riding right now.

deadkenny
    Free Member

If budget allows, Vaults. Paired with good grippy shoes.

Though anything’s going to be a big upgrade from V8s

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘buying new pedals tonight to replace my DMR v8's any suggestions? nano's????’ is closed to new replies.