Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Buying curtains on the internet – any recommendations
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Anyone ever purchased curtains off the net? Looking to buy a few pairs but frankly the prices in shops are a joke for a few square bits of fabric.

Basically interested in a lowest price that offers acceptable quality.

timbur
    Free Member

My MIL makes a fortune buying and selling curtains of eBay. I’m still baffled by the cost that some people will pay for them.
    Good luck
    Tim

nbt

Mrs NBT makes curtains for a job. Having seen the work that goes into them, I know why the prices are what they are

Remember, you can get a bike for £90 with full suspension, but I bet yours cost more than that? You get what you pay for. Material is a large part of the cost, but making the curtains is part of it too

Ewan
    Free Member

I’m sure you can spend loads on super high quality, but I’d rather spend as the minimum I can on something of acceptable quality.

Anyone tried http://www.blindsuk.net?

Ewan
    Free Member

Bump – anyone?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Just bought some curtains from Textiles Direct – cheap, and not too bad quality, but at their prices, you can’t expect really good quality.

totalshell

i know zilch about curtains.. told this guy i didnt want to spend much cash but wanted it to look decent and hey.. decent value and deliveered on time..http://www.onlinecurtainfabrics.com/

cbike
    Free Member

My pal makes fantastic curtains. Measured and made properly.

http://www.tenementcurtains.co.uk

funkynick

Do you have a Paul Simon shop near you? I seem to remember they do everything from ready made to custom…

Oh, and it looks like they sell through t’internet these days too…

user-removed
    Free Member

WTF?!! Just had to scroll up and down a few times to make sure this wasn’t one of those random spam / sales threads.

We all need curtains, but this is like walking into my favourite pub, only to find the regulars discussing the merits of clove-scented hair oil.

This makes me a sad panda.

funkynick

And what’s wrong with cloves? Although personally I prefer cinnamon!

Bunnyhop

Mrs nbt here.

It may seem to you biking guys that curtains are indeed expensive.
    You are paying for the fabric (decent fabric costs over £15 per metre).
    Lining and making up.
    If you buy good quality hand finished curtains they will last many years. Keep out drafts (saving money on fuel bills), noise and light, they afford privacy too. And most importantly of all they will hang properly and look good.

Even if I wasn’t a professional curtain maker I wouldn’t buy from the internet. Instead prefering to get decent ‘ready made’ curtains, which could be taken back if fitting incorrectly or not doing their job.

Oh and shop around.
    I work for myself, so am cutting out the middle man, from say Laura Ashley of John Lewis, who will all have at least 20% more on their price.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Buying curtains on the internet – any recommendations’ is closed to new replies.