Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying a used full sus and need help please
  • gthurlow
    Free Member

Buying my first used full suspension bike and I’d like some advice on my two options.

I’m coming from a cube ltd race but my riding style needs something that can handle a few more knocks. I ride mainly single track and woodland tracks nothing to hairy but I do hit the trail centre sometimes where i feel I need more travel.

First choice http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/cannondale-rush-full-suspension-great-spec/1128873384
    Love the looks, more xc driven which kina suits me and I’m liking the spec but am worried the age of it won’t stand the test of time or more importantly the frame won’t.

Second http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=391222429721&globalID=EBAY-GB
    Again a little older but this has some upgrades plus a fork service, I think the trance is abit beefier and heavy but can take more of a knock.

Both bikes I can get for around £500 so a bargain

But what are your thoughts?

deviant
    Free Member

My gut instinct was the Trance as I don’t know much about the Rush….however a little googling reveals a Dirt Magazine review of the Rush from 2009 that is full of praise.
    They reckon the long wheelbase and slack head angle makes for an awesome bike despite fairly short travel, only thing they recommended was swapping the stem for a shorter item but everyone does that these days now.

Google cannondale Rush, the Dirt review is on the first page of results about halfway down, it’s a glowing review from a publication not afraid to slate a bike when needed.

br
    Free Member

My gut instinct was the Trance

Me too, but with either do budget for a bearings/bushings change plus drive-train in not so long.

nickjb
    Free Member

At that age I think I’d want them to be a bit cheaper as you will likely need to spend some money on them after purchase.

willstaffs
    Free Member

I am about to list my 2010 Trance X3 in large and would want less than £500 if it’s of any use, can send more details if your interested?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The rush is single pivot so maintenance of the suspension might be cheaper and it might be more robust to uk conditions, but likely will not perform as well as the Giant.

The trance is probably a better bet but check that the suspension is in decent shape.

gthurlow
    Free Member

Thanks all

Im viewing the Rush later on, the other guys is pretty bad at replying so il see how that goes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying a used full sus and need help please’ is closed to new replies.