• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pjm7.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Buying a used car from a dealer at the end of the month / quarter?
  • MrBlond
    Free Member

i.e. in the next 48 hours…

Is there any great advantage to doing this (in terms of getting a better deal / price), or is that an urban myth?

Looking at ‘approved used’ VWs

jambalaya
    Free Member

There can be. Depends on dealer / salespersons targets and bonus structures. Trick is knowing when these kick in.

franksinatra

I once got a new to me car from a dealership right at the end of January, they were chewing my arm off for the sale.

tall_martin

You might get a better deal, or you might get some super helpful people who really wnat you to buy a car today and pick it up tomorrow.

Good luck!

steveh

Most of the dealers don’t have their periods set to month end and calendar quarters to try and avoid this kind of haggling/issue.

If they’re having a slow sales time at any point you might get a bit extra but would depend on the place, price of specific vehicle etc.

MrBlond
    Free Member

Thanks all, steveh, that was kind of what I suspected

bikebouy
    Free Member

Over supply of stock is usually the best way of haggling, too many cars in stock is wasted cash.
    Make and model normally the driver to deals, end of month/qtr less so.

pjm7
    Free Member

Looking at changing the wife’s car (she’s had it for 9 years) and so far I’m totally underwhelmed with the dealers, almost to the point of keeping the car another year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Buying a used car from a dealer at the end of the month / quarter?’ is closed to new replies.