Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • buying a Trek from a UK store, and getting it sent abroad
  • HansRey

Hi,

I was looking at getting a Trek District and i had hoped to get one posted from a UK shop to me in Finland. Unfortunately, Trek won’t allow the shop to send it out of the UK.

I could get it sent to my parent’s place, and then pick it up next time i’m in the UK and put it on a place. What other options could i use?

I’m quite set on this bike, it looks well made and specced, without being too flash or expensive. I’ve tried searching for one in Finland, but i can’t find one.

cheers,
    rich

pete68
    Free Member

Don’t think their dealers are allowed to post within the UK either.

plyphon
    Free Member

Contact Trek and see if they have a retailer in Finland,

Or,

Email a bunch of Finnish shops asking if they can get one from their distributors.

Just because a shop doesn’t stock an item doesn’t mean they can’t get hold of one to order 🙂

HansRey

you’re right. Just checked, and you need to pick it up from the store. Looking like it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

The finnish price, from what i’ve seen on one store, is twice that of the UK. Also, the staff are quite the jobsworths.

njee20
    Free Member

Cheap flight to the UK to collect? Worth it for a District Carbon! mmmmmm…..

Anyway, I digress.

HansRey

i’m in the UK every couple of months, flying into Madchester. So picking it up wouldn’t be difficult.

But i could get a vitus vee 29 for half the price and sooner. Ah, decisions, decisions.

That Carbon looks great. I thought they only made these ‘on order’? I bet that is super-light

njee20
    Free Member

They did them a few years ago. Was a bit underwhelming weight wise, 15lbs or something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘buying a Trek from a UK store, and getting it sent abroad’ is closed to new replies.