Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Buying a test/demo bike
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

As from previous threads i've started I'm off to the alps in July. I've come to the conclusion that i'd like another (burly) bike (any excuse) for alps duties for the week and then depending on how that goes sell it at the end.

i've seen a few 2009 specialized enduro test bikes going. Specialized seem to issue their test/demo bikes in different colours. Now obviously this affects resale value as people know they've been used as a demo bike.

I've seen a 2009 spesh enduro expert (worth 2.5k new) going for 1.4k. Do you think this is worth it considering it's a test bike?

anyone bought a spesh test bike?

z1ppy

Assuming you've got the full warrenty, what's the problem? As people 'knowing' it's a demo, what issue, just because a dozen different people 'may' have ridden the bike, how is that different from you riding it a 'dozen' times?
    Sounds like a bargain (I've always thought some of there demo bike colour schemes were better than the production ones)

stupot
    Free Member

My old FSR was a test bike, bargin price, few scuffs and scraps. (mainly where my mate crashed it in a trail centre carpark). If the shops offereing a warrenty with it that sounds like a bargin to me?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, my Enduro is an ex-demo. It had been ridden three times before, one of which was me! Came from a shop that I know and trust, with mechanics that I trust even more.

Forget about the colour/resale value and look at how Spesh spec their demo bikes. They are often a better mix of spec than some of the shopfloor models.

Oh, and cheap? Oh yes!

Just make sure it's from a shop you know and trust and that they will offer you a warranty on it as well.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Oh i don't mind the colour at all.. i actually prefer it in yellow 🙂

If i get full warranty then that's cool. Sounds a good bike for the alps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buying a test/demo bike’ is closed to new replies.