Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • buying a new car……thoughts.
  • Superficial
    Free Member

If I was reallyplanning to keep a car for 10+ years then I’d rather have it from new I think. At least you know it won’t have been thrashed by its first owner.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like the look of Skoda Yeti but a larger engine say 1.6 lire petrol would be very good but if they come with turbo then I guess that is fine too.

Buy whatever makes you happy.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I couldn’t justify spending 15-20k on an everyday car, in fact 5k makes me wince. I could splurge 40k on an Ariel Nomad though, now that is money well spent.

Inbred456
    Free Member

If Skoda is doing a deal you can get 0% finance VW finance means free servicing for 3yrs with breakdown cover it works out a better deal than buying nearly new with your own finance.

hora
    Free Member

Along with the RR, hilux and Volvo XC90 to a degree the ayeti duffer’s from the Jeremy Clarkson seal of approval on his TG show. Overpriced, over rated and attracts sheep. Post-warranty period how do Yetis fair?

parkesie
    Free Member

Like all cars the yeti is a colection of compromises which ones suit best is entirely down to the person choosing. If the opinion of some buffoon on the tv influences that decision for some either way who cares?
    It drives well but its no sports car. Its spacious inside but its not a van or huge estate. Its got a small foot pront for a 4×4 alike but its no super mini.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I would never buy new as you take the biggest depreciation hit. 2-3 year old is my sweet spot so you can have any work resolved under warranty whilst benefitting from other people taking the price drop of the depreciation.

This!
    I can’t understand why anyone would spend their own money on a new car that’ll lose a large chunk of it’s value as soon as it leaves the forecourt.
    It ain’t going to stay pretty for long…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘buying a new car……thoughts.’ is closed to new replies.