Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Buying a mattress?
  • juan
    Free Member

Anyone here works in a mattress shop?
    What should I be look at when buying the mattress?
    What justifies the difference in the price?

Mucho love
    Juan

bruneep

just make sure there are no “maps” on them

Cooroo
    Free Member

If you have back bother, get Memory Foam even if you have to mortgage your bike* to do it

(* = spare bike of course)

juan
    Free Member

cooroo thanks I think I am even willing to mortgage my proper bike to by the mattress as I have no time to ride anyway.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Get something with pocket springs and ideally a memory foam top. Much more expensive than the other type of spring (whatever they are called) but it will change your sleeping life forever

jojoA1
    Free Member

We recently bought a memory foam mattress, it is wonderful. I now find it even more difficult to get up in the mornings. To get anything like a half decent mattress will cost upwards of £250.

juan
    Free Member

Thanks all

I was planning in spending around 300€ anyway, as it’s very important to be able to sleep well.

I’ll have a look to memory foam mattresses tomorrow, anything I should avoid? Any clever question I should ask?

Mucho love juan

jfeb
    Free Member

Top-class mattresses cost around a grand!

🙁

juan
    Free Member

Well I don’t have a Grand plus I have no idea where I will be in 12 month. So I guess the 300 maybe 400€ marks ones will have to do.

fivespot
    Free Member

Always get the best bed or shoes you can afford. You spend most of your life in either.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Top class ones might, but perfectly servicable ones can be had for less.

stuckinarut
    Free Member

‘I be-lieve in Miracoils’

Surfr
    Free Member

Buy Tempur. You will not be disappointed.

I’ve had a 20cm mattress from them for a couple years now and am sleeping much better than ever.

Cost £1024.69 with 2 Tempur Traditional Pillows.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

IMO, Buy a very cheap hard/ortho one. You won’t be disappointed.

I wasted money being taken in by the “pocket springs” hype, and ended up giving it away on freecycle after 6 months after hardly sleeping on the stupid squashy thing.

one_bad_mofo

Buy Tempur. You will not be disappointed.

I’ve had a 20cm mattress from them for a couple years now and am sleeping much better than ever.

I’ve got to agree, I’ve been sleeping on one for about htree years now and it’s bliss. The only problem is when I go away and have to sleep on an ordinary bed it’s horrible!

waynekerr
    Free Member

I bought this one 6 moths ago & it is soooooo gooood, only £328 with two pillows.
    http://www.snugmattress.co.uk/acatalog/snug_memory_foam_mattress_double_super_1000plus.html

footflaps

my mattress cost £120 and I’ve had 8 good years and 2 springs-in-back years out of it, so am looking for a new one as well.

Am tempted to get another rock hard cheap one as all the expensive ones are way too soft for me, even the ‘firm’ ones.

JonBurns
    Free Member

We’re looking for a new bed and I stumbled on ths thread from Money Saving Expert.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1026667

Oh good luck with it, it’s only 100+ pages

molgrips
    Free Member

Personally I rate Ikea ones.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Buying a mattress?’ is closed to new replies.