• This topic has 43 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by zokes.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Buying a house for the first time
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s a two way street in a deal

It’s much like people who try and barter me down prior to viewing what ever it is I’m selling…

They just get rubbered.

Tend to price farely and have plenty of interest.

If your house is priced farely and nicely turned out /desirable you can afford to.decide who you deal with. Would be especially true south of the border with your wierd rules

badnewz
    Free Member

My next door neighbour has just knocked 10percent off his place. Looking for a quick sell. He had higher offers previously but now he needs to move fairly quickly.
    There’s always a place for a cheeky offer, and sentiment seems to be turning, at least in the UK.

zokes
    Free Member

Did the links on previous prices work for the ones your looking at?

The second one yes, but only yielded the info I already had.

Second viewing is today (which in itself marks us as interested). If we decide to go for it, gut feeling is to offer about 10-12% under, which is where its sale price 4 years ago would be today assuming no improvements made.

From what we can see, most of the renovations are nice, but superficial (painting, new carpets, very simple room conversion) rather than a whacking great extension.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, who knows whether we did the right thing. Offered moderate amount under, bit of wriggling and it seems it’ s now ours. Gulp.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Buying a house for the first time’ is closed to new replies.