Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Buying a bike – top end of one size or bottom end of the larger size?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Which would you choose?

i am always on the top side of medium but bottom side of large!

nicko74

It probably depends on the bike and intended use. For mtb'ing, I erred on the smaller side with my Soda (medium when in theory I was between medium and large) and it was absolutely the right choice for how I ride 🙂

btw, did you know there's a tyre named after you? I'd be on them for royalties if I was you… 😉

69er
    Free Member

I'd got for top side, not bottom. I prefer a smaller frame, it's a personal thing though.

chakaping
    Free Member

If it's a Giant (from yr other thread), people say they come up a bit bigger than most brands.

I have a medium Trance which fits pretty good and I'm 5ft 8 and a half, 31in inside leg – if that helps.

carlosg
    Free Member

using longer stems/layback seatpost will make a smaller frame feel a bit bigger , a larger frame will always feel large! Go medium.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Again depends what you want the bike for, I have two MTB's, an all mountain 140mm trail bike for general riding and a XC race hardtail for marathons etc. I am always slap between a small and a medium. I went for the small on the Trail bike for chuckability and fun and the medium on the XC bike for a racy and more powerful position on the bike and for long distance comfort, Both bikes technically fit me very well, I am glad I chose the way did, It seems to be about right.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rob

Are you in training for "Conversationalist of the Year 2010"?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Buying a bike – top end of one size or bottom end of the larger size?’ is closed to new replies.