Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Butcher Purgatory Control 27.5 tyres available yet? Where from?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

obviously as cheap as possible …

Ta in advance!

nodrog2
    Free Member

The Purgatory 650b is now on Specialized’s trade website so should be widely available, the Butcher however is still only listed in 26″ and 29″.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Biketreks had some 650b purg tyres in the other week

sam_underhill

I asked specialized UK and they first told me that they should be available then that they sold really fast but more were coming. I actually think they just borrowed them all for the new 27.5 stumpy.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi thanks for the answers. Just spoke to the concept store in Denmark (I’m in Sweden) and they said none will be available until the end of the year. I don’t believe him though 😐

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Think I’ve found some of these now in Sweden but just wondering if folks have seen them in the UK?

Also have read that they are 2.3 wide but come up like 2.2. Anyone know if this is the case?

Speaking of casings (see what I did there) what’s the difference between control and grid?

Thanks!

wiggles
    Free Member

Grid is thicker stronger sidwall. Control is the standard lighter one. Let me check the trade site tomorrow and can see if it has an ETA of when they will be about.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ok great thanks !

jonnyrockymountain

I got a 650b purg from leisure lakes

GolfChick
    Free Member

The OH got me one from Worcester cycle shop last week, yet to try it as I’ve destroyed my hub. Waiting on the butcher for the front now but no sign of that anywhere!

wiggles
    Free Member

No butchers yet, by we have ground control and purgatory in the shop. No need to check with spesg just remembered they are already here! D’oh!

Not seen any butchers other than on 650 stumpies yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Butcher Purgatory Control 27.5 tyres available yet? Where from?’ is closed to new replies.