• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by br.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Busted Landrover Freelander 2
  • wool

So after 115000 miles the engine has died after ingesting bits of the manifold and smashing the pistons to bits.
    i now need to dispose of the corpse. Friend of a friend who like fiddling with cars wants to buy it to fix up How much should i ask for, Its a New shape 2007 2.2 diesel any thought singletrack mind hive?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Probably worth less than you think and as much as your mate wants to pay for it.
    Here’s one with a duff engine on fleabay 221980133906 as a guide.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Damn , beaten by the Rat 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

Maybe not either, it seems a running freelander on that milage is still worth 8 k

Td4 engines seem to be about 500quid

Td4 with a swapped engine wont be worth as much as 8k but would still be a tidy profit in that one at 2495″”

wool

Well its more than i thought so thats a bonus. Now in the position off having to buy some more transport and pay the garage bill for the last motoring disaster.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Friend just bought one of the last old shape Freelanders with the 2.2 diesel and paid……………..£34k for it 🙄 and it was discounted as end of range by a few grand.

burko73

Isn’t it a ford transit engine in there? I had one for about 6 yrs. really good vehicle. Spent a lot of its life in the woods and was great. Worth fixing up if engines are available.

wool

Nah its a pug motor, its only the defender that has the transit engine in it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Haha , didnt realise the duratorq was a pug dw12 . Thats good for winding my dad up. He has an sd4 in his range rover.

wool

Is that not a different engine in the Range ??? i don’t have a clue just going on what the garage said today.

br
    Free Member

Friend just bought one of the last old shape Freelanders with the 2.2 diesel and paid……………..£34k for it and it was discounted as end of range by a few grand.

The wifes’ one was dearer than that new a few years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Busted Landrover Freelander 2’ is closed to new replies.