Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Business leaders of tomorrow???
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Apprentice "juniors"…

…cardboard camping table…

…genius

🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

Card can be very waterproof when wax impregnated. Think about the little card cups you can buy coffee in. Criticism FAIL.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Was a hoot last night, still thought the trolley thing was a shite idea but then I don't know anything about business seeing as they got orders for 3100 units!

Agree cardboard can be very waterproof, but that item was failing by the time it got to the boardroom? Couldn't it be folded up? Looked gash, who last played a boardgame when camping anyway?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Did you see it. Even when they pitched it to Millets, it was falling apart. Fold-open board games that don't even stay flat?? Sorry, I know they were young, but that was one seriously flawed product.

As for those coffee cups, you wouldn't take them camping with you would you? Kicked around the tent floor for a few days and they're good for nothing, regardless of how waterproof they are. Criticism (of my criticism) FAIL

stilltortoise
    Free Member

…not to mention the "games bring family together" pitch. Even if that were true of board games in the 21st century, last time I checked chess and drafts were 2 player games.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

still thought the trolley thing was a shite idea

Having lugged camping stuff from car park to pitch at the odd festival or two, I thought it was a good idea, just not as well realised as it could have been

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm ignoring the game side of things (I'd agree on that, though I've often taken a pack of cards camping) the "proto" in such a situation may not be waterproof but there could be ways found to fold it fairly easily. And yes, I've taken such cups camping with no problems, they weigh nothing, can be easily binned, cost nothing and I don't tend to kick my stuff about tents, it gets used and put back in a bag?

al_f
    Free Member

stilltortoise – Member
    …not to mention the "games bring family together" pitch. Even if that were true of board games in the 21st century, last time I checked chess and drafts were 2 player games.

If only there were some sort of board game available that could be played by more than 2 people, like maybe one arranging letters to make up words for points or one where you could pretend to buy bits of London and make money on them from other players, to name but two. Oh, hang on… 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

al_f, the point was that they had pre-printed chess and drafts boards onto fold-out bits of card that were attached to their "storage games cabinet". I think Snakes and Ladders was the other one

al_f
    Free Member

I know, I was just being facetious. 🙂

MSP

Half the problems with business and industry today is this stupid notion of selecting potential manegment and leaders from the off, and putting them on a fast track scheme. Lets get back to getting some experiance and maturity and then moving into managment.

samuri
    Free Member

I think you're all missing the point.

Those are NOT children! Just wait and see, sooner or later one of them will fall down the stairs or something and then we'll see what's really inside them.

Either a dalek or a robot is my guess.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I know, I was just being facetious

ah, sorry, just thought it was a dig at me 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think they are children samuri. Have you seen that blonde female one who appears to have found some scissors and hacked off a chunk of hair from the side of her head. That's what kids do.

samuri
    Free Member

That's what kids do.

And daleks and robots with no fashion sense.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Suppose. Crap robot then.

samuri
    Free Member

Once again I've proved myself wrong.

miketually
    Free Member

The storage thing failed because he tried to put every idea from every person into it. He's a 16-year-old lad in charge of a team of girls; I doubt he was thinking about the task.

I wish they'd let the lads wear their normal clothes. Kids in suits always look like they're playing dressy-up in their dad's clothes.

The best bit of the whole show is seeing Sir Alan Lord Sugar realise that, yet again, he's going to have to be mean to a child on national television.

coffeeking
    Free Member

They're all a bit precocious. Horrible to watch.

The next Cherie Blair?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Business leaders of tomorrow???’ is closed to new replies.