Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Business assignment: Affiliation schemes
  • chvck
    Free Member

I’ve got an assignment that revolves around the idea of setting up a small website that gets it’s revenue through the means of affiliation schemes and marketing. I’ve had a brief look around and can’t really find what I’m looking for, can anybody give me a rough figure of what would be a typical charge for hosting an advert/affiliate scheme…much like the ones on this site really! Doesn’t need to be too accurate just something that is about typical!

Cheers for any help anyone can offer 🙂

sq225917
    Free Member

Search for google ads, they will give you all T&C’s for their click through and show rates.

simonralli2
    Free Member

In the Gambling industry, affiliates are a very important source of new accounts.

Here is our site with all the commercial info

http://affiliates.williamhill.com/program/

One of the best examples of an independent affiliate in the gaming industry is this one

Index New Layout!

Hope this helps

Si

chvck
    Free Member

Cheers Simon that’s great, I’ve been looking at google adwords for potential advertising of the site that I would be theoretically making, cunningly the the “what does it cost” page is a broken link!

matt_outandabout

I make about £10-20 per month from Amazon and google… 8)

antigee

cost for hosting? i pay about £20/month for an off the shelf shop package and space on a server – there is cheaper

affilation packages pay small %’s depends on products – seen travel at around 10% in past – typically 3-5%

use a couple of sites from these people http://www.ukaffiliateworld.co.uk/
    for high value products and pays a few fixed costs

a friend of a friend met at party (don’t use these as a reference in an academic paper!) made a good living as had some very specific computing area knowledge and got lots of hits and picked up a lot of affiate click thru sales

involved a bit with scouts and at a recent meeting one person reported they persuaded parents to buy all there xmas book presents and cards etc thru their affiliate click thru on their site and it made them more money than say a bbq

checkout the amazon scheme and wiggle is pretty heavy on university club sites

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Business assignment: Affiliation schemes’ is closed to new replies.