Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bus Lane fines London – how much, and chances of getting away with it?
  • nedrapier

Driving through London on Saturday evening after 7:00, all the bus lanes I'd checked were 7-10am, 4-7pm, so I'd been using them lots.

Going North on Shoreditch High Street I noticed too late there were no times on the bus lane past the junction with Bethnall Green Road, so i assume that I was breakin' the law (breakin' the law!)

How much are they going to sting me for, and is there any chance I'll get away with it?

Thanks!

Ed

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Ive just had one.
    £60.00 if you please.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Have they put it down? Says £100 on the 'adverts'.

Not all Bus Lanes are covered by fixed cameras they rely on cameras on the buses. Few Bus Lanes are 24hr though.

thatscold
    Free Member

I was in the car with a friend, who inadvertently managed to drive down the bus lane on Picadilly (the one which goes west, against the main direction of the traffic). We went past loads of cameras but he somehow avoided getting a fine.

You may be lucky.

simon_g

Some bus lanes (mainly ones on key routes) are run by TfL, and have a £120 fine, although I think that's reduced to £60 for prompt payment. Others are run by the local borough and can vary.

I know where you mean and everything but buses and cycles must turn right onto Bethnal Green Road. I presume it's covered with cameras too as it's an obvious place to catch confused motorists who want to head north.

nedrapier

bum. I know what you mean, simon, I can't believe they wouldn't have a camera there.

D0NK

Mate got a £30 bus lane fine this weekend (manchester) guess it varies around the country.

odannyboy
    Free Member

god its just not worth driving in london nowadays! everyones out to get you,whats next?, the "you werent driving 100% perfectly and have been stung because you a human being and as such are capable of mistakes" fine…jeesss!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bus Lane fines London – how much, and chances of getting away with it?’ is closed to new replies.