• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Burley Inbred
  • Olly
    Free Member

My Jump bike is sitting in the garage not doing anything, not being jumped.

do we reckon, it would be a clever idea, to build it up onto an 18" inbred frame.

ive got a hankering for a burley hardtail, and i dont think this would be a bad way of doing it?
    i would suggest a 456 sumer season, but its a SS jump bike, and am looking to avoid a tensioner if i can :s (the fork is only 100mm anyway)

im 6ft 5, my other 2 bikes are 21" frames, light built whippet bikes, so i reckon an 18" frame, short stem, laid back seatpost, and flat pedals might be a bit of a giggle.
    also leaves me with the option of lightening it by putting some of the XtC parts onto it if i ever decide i want "one" hardtail

dont supposes theres any chance of a Sumer season with slot dropouts is there :,( (that would be perfect)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Get hold of Ton(y) from this Parish.. He will possibly be able to square you away..

Olly
    Free Member

having said that, a Summer season would be best, and i COULD just get a Chainguide type tensioner up front, then if i put gears on it, ive got a changuide too….. (but restricts the possibility of the one hardtail philosiphy too, sort of….)

is ton doing a dodgey line in franken-breds?

finnegan
    Free Member

456 Summer Season and one of those lovely Eric's ENO disk hubs

chvck
    Free Member

Replied to your post on abermtb ollie, should you want a chain guide/tensioner then I've probably got something kicking about too 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

Or you could fit one of those trickstuff excentricker (or however you spell it) Basically a retro-fit EBB.

momentum
    Free Member

Dunno how much you want to spend, but you could always get some track ends welded onto a summer season.

Bez

I built one of mine into a fairly burly thing. I'm 6'5" too, on an 18". Works great – has been awesome fun at Morzine/les Gets and Welsh rocky trails, although sadly it's a while since it's seen any action now. Seems to stand up to abuse ok though…

ton

olly, got a nice stiffee for you……… 😯 😉

Olly
    Free Member

lol, frame modding, eccentric BBs and eno hubs are kind of missing the point of building up my Jump bike onto a cheap cheap frame.
    looking to spend no money at all really….

is that a standared geared inbred bez?

may have found a second hand 18" SS…..

Bez

Yeah. Old one, the original geared version with the first generation DN6 piping.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Burley Inbred’ is closed to new replies.