Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Burlawn North Devon and anywhere similar nearby?
  • bentandbroken

We are going down to Devon for half term and I’m looking for some easy’ish XC stuff for a morning/afternoon out on the bike. We are staying about 5 miles inland from Newquay

I found a single video of Burlawn and a very basic review plus some strava segments. It looks a good place for the wife to walk the dog while I have a bimble. Can anyone point me to somewhere to park and any bits that are fun and should not be missed?

Also, is there anywhere else nearby that I should consider? Views/fun and not too technical are what I’m looking for. Big climbs must be worthwhile as I am very unfit at the moment so will struggle to enjoy anything uphill without a reward at the top/on the way back down

TIA

zippykona

I think you may be going to Cornwall.

bentandbroken

😳

Guess this thread will die

😳

snaps
    Free Member

Guess this thread will die

May be not – I live in N Devon, an hours drive & I rode Cardinham

Try here

jam-bo

Cardinham and lanhydrock are probably your best bet. Nice cafe/playground at lanhydrock as well to keep the family entertained.

Or the camel trail and take the family. You can hire bikes/trailers etc even dog trailers. Wadebridge to padstow and back is best bit.

bentandbroken

Fab info despite the poor geography/thread title from me!

I love the idea of a dog trailer! She is only a puppy so we have to limit the distance she walks, but that could be a great option if the weather is kind

Thanks people 🙂

bentandbroken

And lanhydrock also has a Parkrun 😀 Win all round 😀

bentandbroken

Just had a great day at Lanhtdrock 🙂

The weather was very kind, the Parkrun was good and my son joined me on the ‘first’ two blues. After a break I then went out and did the more challenging blues 😀

Thanks again for the tips!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Burlawn North Devon and anywhere similar nearby?’ is closed to new replies.