Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Burgtec Penthouse pedals..
  • Hicksy
    Free Member

Hi all.

I see Burgtec have 20% off (discount code BLACKFRIDAY) for the next 24 hours and wondered if anyone has experience of their Penthouse flat pedals. My bikes currently have DMR Volts, but find the bushes don’t last long even with regular maintenance, which is a shame as they feel great.

So are the Burgtecs hassle free and easy to service?

Many thanks.

tomhoward

Dunno about easy to service, I’ve not had to touch mine in the 2 years I’ve had them.

Stupid grippy pedal, to the point that it’s difficult to move your foot while riding

wrecker
    Free Member

I have two sets. Wouldn’t buy anything else.

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks gents – sound promising.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a set of Vaults, and a set of the Burgtec’s.

I prefer the Vault, especially with carbon cranks & crank protector boots. The shape is better is you have bigger feet, and the grip is also better with the longer pins

I haven’t had to service either in a couple of years, the Vaults have had a lot more use though.

Tracey

Kevin has a pair on his Chameleon. Nice slim pedal.

wrecker
    Free Member

I found the burgtecs grip better than the vault, and they hold up better to knocks too. Just my experience.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Best pedals I’ve ever owned. Mine are the previous generation (I think), and they were super comfortable, indestructible and reliable. Until they were stolen

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Hob Nob – are Burgtecs much smaller then the Vaults (Volts didn’t look right when I typed it up there /\ but couldn’t work out why)?

tmb467
    Free Member

Burgtecs are huge…they seem bigger than the Vaults I had before

tmb467
    Free Member

Although on perusal….

Vaults 115mm X 115 according to many sites
    Penthouse 100 X 100 allegedly

skiboy
    Free Member

I had podiums on two bikes and when building another went for penthouse.
    As an engineer I nearly puked when I saw the threads on the spindles but once on the bike and a week in morzine later I was so happy I’m trying to find an excuse to buy another set.

Truly bullet proof, simple design well excecuted apart from 0.2 missing off the thread radially.
    I had some pretty big rock strikes and they still look solid, the pins can take a right battering.

I say buy em

Hicksy
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I’ll give ’em a go.

zelak999
    Free Member

They are great pedals but that 20% off code only brings them in line with the price other retailers are selling them for anyway.

dizcostix
    Free Member

love my mk3 penthouse pedals – very robust and a great platform for my big feet.

Papped my pants when the pedal fell off on a practice run of the megavalanche this year after the axle snapped internally.

Don’t worry though – a rare manufacturing fault that was resolved free of charge (well – cost of posting the pedals to them) by the burgtec guys (albeit when i got home). Great customer service, and keeping me as a repeat customer when i need some more pedals!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Burgtec Penthouse pedals..’ is closed to new replies.