Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Burgtec pedals
  • haribojangles
    Free Member

I really like the look of the burgtec penthouse mk4 but never met anyone who has owned a set. Anybody here owned a set. Are they worth the money and are they suitable for trail riding, I know they are not the lightest but do they spin easily and are they easy to service.

Thanks

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve some mk2’s, they’re absolutelyfrickinawesome, nothing even comes close for grip. Mk4’s are supposed to be the same ballpark weight as most other aluminium pedals, so if everything else is as good as previous versions they’ll be well worth the money.

Inernals have lasted a long time, I’ve not serviced them but they look pretty straightforeward, same sort of bearing + bushing and a bolt on the end system as any other brand.

batman11
    Free Member

Hi buddy just moved over to flats this winter started with saints, and moved on to burgtec mk4 love them plenty of plat form and spikes are huge! Used with five tens there near on unmovable.
    I certainly don’t agree with recent reviews where vaults keep winning!! as buddy’s of mine say they flex something terrible compared to mine.
    So in a nut shell worth every penny I’ve got a set on both my bikes now 😀

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve got mk2 camos. They look bling as.
    Serviced them myself without any bother. I’m hamfisted and break most things I attempt.
    The platform i perfect for the wider foot. With 5 10’s my feet stick like shit to a blanket. Maybe a bit too much as it’s not so easy to move your foot around.
    They are expensive but if you’ve got a nice bike get a pair. Get some if you’re bikes rubbish.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I got some mk3s with a bike, worth trying over nanos or shall I flog them?

haribojangles
    Free Member

Glad to hear about the move from saints. That’s what I have at the moment, within a few months I had to replace the bearings and the axle is already worn. They are fairly grippy just have a small platform and no sense of longevity.

stomlinson
    Free Member

Didn’t realise there were any other flats worth mentioning got 2 sets of the mk4 pedal loads of grip thinner than the previous pedals and they look mint! Also if you return to Burgtec I think they will service them for you. I think once you try em that’s it although the pins are bloody evil! Worth it though 😀

tmb467
    Free Member

Got some mk 2s and some vaults

Vaults are great and slightly lighter than the mk 2s

Burgtec internals are easy to replace and pedals are huuuge. Great for winter and big shoes

Mk 4s look like a good balance between the two. Not found the vaults flexi at all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Burgtec pedals’ is closed to new replies.