Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Burgtec pedals
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m lusting after a set but not liking the 100 quid + postage. Currently using MG1’s but they’re a bit rattly now.

Burgtec’s aside, what else should I consider. Have size 13 feet so no skimpy pedals!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If you are not worried about weight then Easton Flatboys.

Liftman

DMR Vaults

longmover
    Free Member

Deity Decoy

fd3chris
    Free Member

The new Saints are excellent and very cheap I think.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Nuke proof neutron as cool, and watching my mates few month old burgtec’s shear off at the axle on Sunday was hilarious!

tmb467
    Free Member

Just bite the bullet and go for it

Buy cheap – buy twice. Burgtecs will last you at least three years (or at least they used to guarantee that with the MK2s)

Replaceable internals and pins for when the inevitable happens and resale value will be fairly high in comparison to other pedals

I’m tempted

rewski
    Free Member

Still running a 6 year old pair of DMR V12s, Vaults also very good too. My flat boys axle died after 3 years, no replacement part unfortunately.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I can’t think of any advantage of the burgtec over superstar. However I can think of advantages of superstar over burgtec – they are a more reassuring shape, plus 1/3 the price and more options of colour.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Vaults. Bigger platform and nicer concave than Superstar, lighter (I think) and cheaper than Burgtec.

xiphon
    Free Member

Shoot me an email if you want some mk1 Burgtecs – built like a tank, with a platform like an aircraft carrier!

I’ve switched to SPDs

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Thanks xiphon I’m sure you’d do me a good deal but you’d also have to factor in postage to Oz which probably wouldn’t make them that much of a bargain. I’m sure someone here will snap them up, but thanks for the offer.

honourablegeorge

Deffo recommend the Vaults, have three sets. New Burgtecs do look ace, mind.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Vaults are on both mine and the OH’s christmas list, we currently run superstar and straitline pedals.

qtip

Just get them! I’ve got a pair ok Mk 2s that have taken an absolute beating and are still going strong. Don’t get Superstars if you’ve got big feet, the platform is way too small. There’s not even really a weight penalty with the new Burgtecs, and they’ve got a great shape.

The only other pedals I’d consider at the moment, for my size 12 feet, are DMR Vaults. I’d wager that the Burgtecs are stronger and will last longer though.

xiphon
    Free Member

oh right, didn’t know you were in Oz.

Good luck finding some!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah. Think I’ll ask Father Christmas for a set of Burgtec’s. They do look frickin lovely.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Looks like free shipping on the Burgtecs? Just went through the checkout and didn’t seem to offer any shipping rates just 99 quid all the way through. That’s something like 170 bucks. Compared to 115 bucks for the Vaults. I know it’s a bit anal but the red Vaults with blue pins look gawj. That and the 55 buck saving… Oh indecision…

Might send the links to the missus and let her choose!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Where in Oz are you? I’ve got some MK1 Penthouse flats over in Perth that will be being replaced with Flatboys as soon as i order them off wiggle.

Hadge
    Free Member

I help make the Burgtecs so I will shed some light on them. First off they’re fully CNC machined from solid billets of aluminium. These means they are very strong and won’t shatter unlike your cast pedals. You can upgrade the axles to some ti ones if you wish and not being biased they are rather pimp. We just had an offer where you could have some custom etching done on them but it’s just finished now.
    Here’s me just machining lots of the lovely pedals at work.

tmb467
    Free Member

Happy to swap my staff discount at a well known Yorkshire supermarket for your staff discount at Burgtec 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Burgtec pedals’ is closed to new replies.