• This topic has 35 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Burglary – taking the piss
  • Sancho
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-15853088

Read this and love the quote from the police.
    West Yorkshire Police said half of all burglaries in the city were as a result of properties being insecure.

Or Conversley, 100% of Burglaries are due to someone breaking in to your home.

About time there was some sort of punishment to fit the crime.
    A supervision order is a joke and the burglars know it.

hora
    Free Member

If you walked down 3 streets at night and tried every single car door I bet you’d find one open.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Property with insecurities? How does that work?

My house seems pretty confident & well-balanced, good sense of humour etc

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Crime woon’t happen unless it was possible to commit….

njee20
    Free Member

😆

I know what the article is saying, but rather agree with the OP, leaving a window open wouldn’t be an issue if there weren’t thieving scum walking around.

mtb2020
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

I disagree. I walked into your toilet and exclaimed don’t take the piss. It replied ‘shut it, i dont give a shit what you think’ angrily

jota180
    Free Member

If you walked down 3 streets at night and tried every single car door I bet you’d find one open.

I’d put my hands up to leaving my car unlocked overnight occasionally

Also,
    We had someone try our front door very early on Monday morning
    I got up and went for a run and shortly after someone tried the door, the wife thought it was me coming back

Sancho
    Free Member

The street I live on is about 20 years old.
    About 18 houses.
    Everyone has been burgled at least twice some three times.

Its not just leaving a window open, burglary is a thriving business and burglars are doing it as a career choice.

organic355
    Free Member

Burglary – taking the piss

strange thing to steal?

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I was burgled recently – totally cleaned out of anything of value. Makes my piss boil at the suggestion its somehow my fault because my house “wasn’t secure”. If the rozzers did more to clamp down on the crime, the locked doors and windows would be secure enough. Its a sad day when you’ve got to make your house a fortress. And if people didn’t buy stolen goods down the pub then there’d be no market.

hora
    Free Member

Sancho faaackkkkkkkkkkkk!! 😳

We heard someone trying our doors. I also needed a whiz first so had to go quickly in the toilet in total darkness (to not scare them away).

I didn’t quite hit the target 😆 and ended up having to run outside and around the gardens in just my boxers as my jogpants got a bit of splashback

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m amazed no-one’s pointed out the appalling spelling from the teenage scrote… 😛

Hope the little **** got a harsher punishment because of that letter, because he seems to be a sociopath that doesn’t have any interest in rehabilitation.

richc
    Free Member

fingers crossed that Hora actually tries this and get into a capture car, please, please, please god let this happen and if it does I will go to church every sunday.

nedrapier

Houses flaunting skimpy locks at night are asking for it.

Sancho
    Free Member

Well I know its controversial, but the way some of these houses are decorated, they are just asking for it.
    Mini-skirting, tight fitting curtains leaving nothing to the imagination, and one house I saw had a pair of great tits nesting in the eaves. 😉

I’m here all week ladies and gentlemen

PMK2060

Both my bikes were stolen last night from my outhouse which the scumbags had smashed in.

I phoned the police this morning and they basically told me that i was unlikely to get the bikes back. They have not been out to see me and i doubt they will.

I am gutted to be honest and wish i could find the culprits.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Sancho – Member
    About 18 houses.
    Everyone has been burgled at least twice some three times.

Over what time period? seems to me you should be getting together with your neighbours and knocking lumps out of these thieves. Especially if they are there every other week, surely they can’t be difficult to catch or atleast give them a fright. They obviously think your street is easy pickings..

hora
    Free Member

PMK2060 I’m sorry you should not accept that. I also don’t like the ‘sorry we are undermanned and need to focus on other crimes’.

Did they even give you a crime number?

I’d phone up and ask to make an official complaint. I’m sorry your a victim of crime and their response isn’t good enough. Don’t feel scared or intimidated either- bloody complain, kick up a fuss.

Sancho
    Free Member

over a twenty year period ish.
    problem is most of the neighbours are quite old so not much of a fighting force.
    I just have had to barricade the house.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I sympathise with anyone who gets burgled as it’s a nasty crime as are the little shits that do it.

But

I find it amazing that more people don’t have alarms, big sodding locks, window bars etc etc. I don’t think my house is impregnable but I’ve made life very difficult for a casual thief and it didn’t cost that much especially offset against the lower cost of insurance. As for leaving bikes outside or in outbuildings I know some people have no choice but I’d do all I could to bring mine into the house especially if I’d lost one before.

hora
    Free Member

problem is most of the neighbours are quite old so not much of a fighting force.

Most of our dead end road (with no through paths) is full of retiree’s (but who are ultra-nosey).

On our old road we constantly had area police cars coming through, helicopters over at night etc etc as there was a really rough large council estate further down but then….we lived across the road from a family that no one would want to piss off or take on 😆

PMK2060

hora – they gave me a crime number and took basic details of the bikes. If the policy have not turned up by tomorrow i am going to ring them up.

I am going to keep an eye out in my area and on ebay etc in the hope that they will turn up as i doubt the police will be any help

Sancho
    Free Member

Key problem is breaking the cycle of re-offending.
    I think its about a 80% re-offending rate at the moment, and the police cant be bothered because the effort involved to get a prolific burglar arrested to then be put on a supervision order. There’s no point to it.
    Its a pointless sentence that does nothing to stop the burglar re-offending. even prison does nothing to stop re-offending.

midlifecrashes

Wrong, releasing burglars from prison does nothing to stop re-offending.

hora
    Free Member

Keep at them incase they mark the case as ‘closed’ or ‘solved’.

seosamh77
    Free Member

over a twenty year period ish.
    I just have had to barricade the house.

Shame, I feel for youse. Luckily I’ve never had to suffer from breakins touch wood.

jon1973
    Free Member

Crime woon’t happen unless it was possible to commit….

True, but that don’t make the people wot do it any less despicable. It’s pretty sad when you have to live in a society where the victim gets blamed for not doing enough to prevent a crime against themselves.

Just cos you left your door unlocked, doesn’t mean you had it coming.

singletrackmatt

Rather than more locks perhaps a more inclusive society might make our houses safer (and yes I’ve been burgled three times and it’s horrible), I hate locking myself into my house like it was a prison.

Sancho
    Free Member

not sure what you mean by more inclusive?

I thought a teenage scrote feeling free to come in to my house and take what he wants when Im out is pretty inclusive 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Rather than more locks perhaps a more inclusive society might make our houses safer

At last, a bit of considered thinking. 🙂

Personally, I struggle to see the difference between that’s scrote’s attitude and that of our wonderful politicians and bankers etc. Because the vast majority of them are on the rob too.

Apart from the fact that the scrote is at least honest that he’s going to screw you over….

onehundredthidiot

S.O. Idiot is a copper and she’s on a team of 5. Can be called to anywhere to within 50 miles of the station and needs to be on the street for post pub dispersal. Don’t blame the cops blame the budget monkeys who won’t put more boots on the streets.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I find it amazing that more people don’t have alarms, big sodding locks, window bars etc etc.

Amte of mine got burgled, they set off the alarm. Police actually came round to check, people actually noticed the alarm.

Problem was the alarm went off again (they all stop after 20 mins, or should anyway) and everyone thought it was just a false alarm caused by the first attempt. No, the scrotes had come back knowing everyone would ignore the second alarm, and cleared it out.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Alarms are effing useless and just piss everyone else off.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

@Admanmatt: you’re bang on mate. All this “its nothing to do with me” shite is the problem. In the middle of the night, you hear a bang or even a burglar alarm going off. Who gets up to have a look? Pretty much nobody is my guess. We should all be looking out for one and other.

DezB
    Free Member

I left my keys in the front door the other night. Car keys, garage keys, the lot.
    It still wouldn’t have been my fault if someone had loaded all my bikes in my car and driven it off… Although they didn’t, cos i live in a nice place. :smug:

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Burglary – taking the piss’ is closed to new replies.