Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Burglary foiled by Toby the Springer last night
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Looks like the houses on our green were the target of a mass burglary. We all back onto a communal green with two external gates for access.
    My son heard something last night and woke me straight away. I looked out and noticed our gate was open, it’s always bolted top and bottom.
    Just one thing for it, release the hound.
    Although Toby is a friendly old soul and just wants to lick your shoes, when you open the door he screams out barking like mad.
    I followed with my son and daughters boy friend with L&Ms, USE lights and old Lumis.
    The dog had scared whoever was there off, and lined up along the fences were TVs, what looked like DVDs or game consoles and holdalls, all getting soaked.
    Anyway the police came and went and are due here again soon.
    My InoV8s have gone as they were out drying, probably taken when the did the gates.
    Everybody safe and bikes all there.

CHB

well done…good result.
    Did you quote from Gladiator?

“Unleash Hell……”

Raindog
    Free Member

Result – hope everything dries out ok.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Dogs rock as security devices.

Mine were called into action once, the man was properly eaten by the time I got the dogs off him. They are normally so chilled it was a pleasant suprise to see them defending their territory. Needless to say bikes were safe.

oldgit
    Free Member

My Strimmer and hedge cutters have gone from a bench/tool store thingy. No real problem.

Toby isn’t allowed on the green so he took the moment to do a massive turd there while he could. Under the circumstances I think we all gave him that one.

scaredypants

hmmmm, windy nights are probably good for burglars I guess – lots of noise

oldgit
    Free Member

Exactly. It looks like our house is the only one with any security precautions……and dog.
    Some of the houses have no garden gate, no security lighting no alarms you can just walk right on in.

boltonjon

Top marks to Toby and your son!!

carlos
    Free Member

Good result, lets hope you get propper support/back up off the Police. Can’t see them geting any Dna or prints with it being wet though.

Don’t forget to bag up Tobys dump and hang it off the nearest tree. 😉

leffeboy

Top marks to Toby and your son!!

I hope your son got to dump on the green as well. Nicely done, always good to have a good story to start the day

MrsToast
    Free Member

Good work, Toby the Springer. HE FIGHTS CRIME!

oldgit
    Free Member

Overweight, old, deaf and blind. OM F’ing G a STW natural.

khani
    Free Member

Overweight, old, deaf and blind. OM F’ing G a STW natural.

You should buy him an orange five… And a BIG bone… 😀

oddjob
    Free Member

You missed our opinionated 😉

brakes
    Free Member

at least the burglars left Toby with one of his legs.

STATO
    Free Member

Exactly. It looks like our house is the only one with any security precautions……and dog.
    Some of the houses have no garden gate, no security lighting no alarms you can just walk right on in.

Well by the sound of it you were saved by your son hearing them, your security seems to have achieved nothing really?

brakes
    Free Member

oooof, low blow from STATO

scaredypants

why, Kimberly (sp?), you’re right – THAT is amazing

I shipped with those guys and it really was free and then they took me out for dinner and, well, you know … 😳

piha
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

why, Kimberly (sp?), you’re right – THAT is amazing

I shipped with those guys and it really was free and then they took me out for dinner and, well, you know …
    Posted 17 minutes ago # Report-Post

^^Can’t argue with that!^^

And well done Toby dog.

goon
    Free Member

Dogs rock as security devices.

Ha! The only thing Ted would achieve is make the sofa heavier to carry away by being asleep on it. Unless the burglars arrived in a hot air balloon. He hears them from miles away, and will not rest until he’s seen them off.

Good work Toby!

jmason
    Free Member

My InoV8s have gone as they were out drying, probably taken when the did the gates.

Who the **** steals sweaty wet trainers that are still drying ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Many, many years ago my Dad had a Springer that didn’t like ‘travellers’. Dad said that the dog could hear them coming about a mile away and would run around barking her head off reaching a crescendo as they went past the house. For the next half hour the barking would lessen to the point where the dog would just lie on the drive and give the occassional quiet woof 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

It should be a crims face next time 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Randomly, my parents springer is also called Toby, and also scrams his head off whenever he’s let out the house.

bellys
    Free Member

Well done Toby.
    When my shed alarms went off last week I let the dog out and he turned and run in the bloody house. 😳
    This was him at 8mth. http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/chrissheldon/Photo006-1.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5Dnull%5D

project
    Free Member

an elderley customer got robbed of her tv a few years ago. it was found by a neighbour in his garden when he finished nights, he got out of the car to move it, and was jumped on by numerous police officers who had reports of a thief in the area, always be aware if you find stuff dumped, he had to prove he hadnt stolen it.

Oh and always bolt and padlock the rear gate, as if its able to be open ed, by climbing over the wall it gives the thiref access.

Tiger6791

Good work Toby!

tracknicko
    Free Member

good stuff doggles.

mine is proper soft as shite but is starting to make a noise like a big boy when peple open the front gate.

lets me know if owts going down inside too, including about a 90 second pre-warning that something was burning in the oven and the smoke alarm was about to go off.

useful?

clive
    Free Member

Couldn’t afford the ridiculous quote for bike insurance this year so we bought one of these 😀

northshoreniall

What breed of dog is that Clive, looks like can do some running.

anagallis_arvensis

Looks like a belgian shep. I’ve been showing my lurcher this vid but she says she aint getting off the sofa unless its a rabbit.

Damn cant get phone to work try again
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KzobIbXyY3c

mandog

nice work boy and Toby.

clive
    Free Member

She’s a Belgium shepherd they call them Malinois over here
    Yep she’s proper quick, just trying to trainer her up to keep off the front wheel at the moment !
    And to stop rounding up the cats 😯

northshoreniall

Gorgeous, have to put one on the list for when we getting new dog – current lead is border terrier.
    I’ve found one or two clips from front wheel a year keeps my collie focused on keeping off it 🙂

funkrodent

Beautiful canine friends. My English Bull terrier cross lived on the half-landing where he surveyed his Empire, only venturing downstairs to shred the mail and go out for his twice daily constitutional. Anyone who came within a 200 metre radius was informed in no uncertain terms that they had better have legitimate business in the house/on the street/in the neighbourhood. He was soft as sh*te in reality, but god he sounded good and could demolish mail in countless innovative ways. Anyway, he’s now with the great bone in the sky and within 2 weeks of his passing the word had obviously got around the local scally community as my ’91 stumpjumper and crossceck were swiftly lifted from the garage. Moral of the story is that they’re the best companions you’ll ever have and they stop your stuff from getting lifted!

tazzymtb

cynic-al
    Free Member

Toby isn’t allowed on the green so he took the moment to do a massive turd there while he could. Under the circumstances I think we all gave him that one.

I take it you bagged it, then hung it in a tree?

flap_jack
    Free Member

curiously, I also have a mate with a springer called Toby. Well done to all.

donsimon
    Free Member

Curiouser still I have a mate called Toby who owns a springer, he’s a burglar though. 🙁

Sandwich

Other than the large dump in a forbidden area, what else did Toby get rewarded with?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Burglary foiled by Toby the Springer last night’ is closed to new replies.