Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • burger recipes
  • tails
    Free Member

I found a nice sundried tomato example on videojug, but what you got?

mogrim

I've got a McDonald's opposite, these things are best left in the hands of the professionals.

peachos
    Free Member

i used to work at a place called fergburger in queenstown, NZ and they are regarded by many to be the best burgers in the world; we even had some whacky american fatty fly over just to try one!!!!

the beefburgers there were simply high quality nz beef pattys all made by (generally japanese) hand on site. no seasoning or anything was added.

the secret was in the sauces, which again were all made on site from the freshest & best ingredients. have a gander at their site for the menu.

http://www.fergburger.com/fullscreen.html

G
    Free Member

WHAT!

Hang up stripped cattle carcass, use high power water jet to blast all remaining tissue from the carcass, collect in sump, compress to remove water, add rusk and salt to bulk out and add a sense of taste to the grey flavourless mush prior to compressing into burger shape, cook, add all manner of flavour and texture enhancing items, such as a bun, mayonaise, dill pickle, tomato etc then sell for highly inflated price to any passing moron. Use profits to buy and eat decent food.

nosemineb
    Free Member

I just experiment, Loads of mince, bread crumps, tom puree, drained plum tomatoes, herbs, onions, chilli, paprika, bish bash bosh in the food processor pat them out to size required.
    Sorry dont know quantities just know what feels right.
    Taste so good compared with mc d etc, i made 70 plus only 2 weeks ago for our bbq and they went down well, think it was 20lb of mince i bought!
    lovely.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

They all taste the same under lashings of REGGAE REGGAE SAUCE anyway mon.

I've always preferred lamb burgers to beef burgers anyway. Fresh good quality freshly minces meat, minced with lots of one kind or herb or another always works well. As do fresh baked rolls …

tails
    Free Member

ha McDonalds still the relish they use is nice, my mates gran lives 2 mins from the first ever MDs in Downey, LA.

Thanks for the link peachos I'll have a look.

juan
    Free Member

I let the butcher mince the calve for me 😀

mtbfix

Based on a pound of lamb mince.

Lamb mince, two egg yolks, 50g breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, teaspoon tomato puree, teaspoon chopped garlic, two lamb stock cubes, add herbs to your taste.

Mix it all up and split it into four decent sized patties. Flour the outsides and pop them in the fridge to settle. Grill or fry, as you like it.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

peachos – Member

i used to work at a place called fergburger in queenstown, NZ and they are regarded by many to be the best burgers in the world; we even had some whacky american fatty fly over just to try one!!!!

the beefburgers there were simply high quality nz beef pattys all made by (generally japanese) hand on site. no seasoning or anything was added.

the secret was in the sauces, which again were all made on site from the freshest & best ingredients. have a gander at their site for the menu.

http://www.fergburger.com/fullscreen.html

If i had the spare cash i would fly out to NZ just to eat another one of those. In 3 days i spent in QT i must of had half a dozen! 😛

richc
    Free Member

Best burgers, I have ever had were bought in Castle Douglas from the farmers market, something like 99% highland cow, not sure what the other 1% was, and when cooked were almost steak like, and didn't shrink at all …… served with a smear of course grain must …. mouth is watering at the thought of them

Even the veggie in our group cracked and came to his senses and tried one 😉

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Good beef mince – ideally minced steak, then small amounts of:

Finely chopped onion, fried until transluscent (I hate a raw onion taste in my burger, its ok on it, but in it, no)
    Finely chopped gherkin
    Chopped herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme, whatever)
    Salt & Pepper
    A squirt of sauce (ketchup, browen sauce, BBQ sauce etc.) to bind

Fridge til firm, griddle or BBQ til nicely done (pink middles for me please)

KeithBrief
    Free Member

Gordon Ramsey's healthy burger with beetroot relish is a big hit in our household.

AndyP
    Free Member

healthy burger

does not compute

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got a great recipe at home thats got chopped olives and raisins mixed in with the beef, its tasty.

Surfr
    Free Member

250g butchers best mince (supermarket stuff will work but butchers always better)
    couple tablespoons of soy
    couple tablespoons of worcester sauce
    1 tablespoon of natural yogurt
    plenty of ground pepper

makes for a lovely juicy traditional beef burger.

lunge

Fergburger, how i loved that place, the burgers were immense, wonderful food.

Haze

Furburger, how i loved that place

*snigger

KeithBrief
    Free Member

AndyP – Steak, onion, tomato, beetroot, capers – where's the unhealthy item?

AndyP
    Free Member

beetroot

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

My old man uses porridge oats, not sure how or why but they taste cracking.

Dudie
    Free Member

Take one pound of good quality minced beef, add 2 tablespoons of moderately hot, dried Macedonian chili flakes (must be bought from one of the two mad old ladies at Ohrid market) and one heaped teaspoon of Vegeta (Croatian dried veg stock powder available throughout most of the former Yugoslavia). Mix thoroughly and make into 4 burgers. Grille immediately or freeze and eat at a later date, when they taste even better. I appreciate that the ingredients are a little hard to come by in Blighty but it's worth flying out to Macedonia for a weekend to buy the spices, they taste that good. Hmmmm, anyone know how to remove dribble from a keyboard?

zbonty

mince, onion, chilli, garlic, cook, eat. Repeat last stage.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

AndyP says "healthy burger does not compute "

We sometimes make freaky completely raw burgers in the dehydrator. This is the antidode to normal food. They are amazingly tasy and very filling. There are plenty of recipes about on the web. You need to filter out the really good food from the pseudo science to find some very good stuff.

Look out for a Californian weirdo called Juliano. Highly Recommended.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘burger recipes’ is closed to new replies.